The Net (Movie)

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by dpaanlka, Apr 8, 2007.

1. dpaanlka macrumors 601

dpaanlka

This movie is playing on TBS right now. I've never seen it before, but god is it aweful!

Why do movie directors think every computer action or movement requires some sort of audible feedback?

And what is with every desk having a a Windows computer and Mac right next to each other? Like when does that ever happen? And so frequently that it works its way into practically every scene?

2. iLoveMyMBP macrumors regular

iLoveMyMBP

Hacker movies

So yeh I'm sitting here watching "The Net" and i notice Sandra Bullock is using a old skool apple laptop. My question is; do "chat" programs like that really exsist...like how she looks up people and everything..i know its hard to explain but just the whole "hacker ways" in that movies intrigues me.

3. Cybix macrumors 6502a

Cybix

hacker type movies are generally a load of rubbish, but they are still cool to watch..

hackers, swordfish, matrix, etc

4. Benjamin macrumors 6502a

Benjamin

I was just going to link both of your thread, pretty funny that both are watching it and post about it on MR at the same time. hehe. As for the movie itself... horrible movie.

5. iLoveMyMBP macrumors regular

iLoveMyMBP

6. dpaanlka thread starter macrumors 601

dpaanlka

Oh lovely, even while typing, every keystroke also makes some sort of bleeping sound.

7. Suture macrumors 6502a

Suture

I never saw The Net, but these two:

- Swordfish: the multi-screen visual virus creation/implementation
    - Hackers: Pick anything.

... made me laugh a lot.

Generally in movies I've loved how everytime you press a key, the computer beeps. Or when information is printed to the screen, and the computer makes that beeping/feeding sound, or loads everything on the screen like we were loading data from a BBS with a 2400 baud modem.

But my personal favorite feature in movies is when the cast gets the inevitable "ACCESS DENIED" and then they just select "ACCESS OVERRIDE" -- priceless.

8. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

I know....Swordfish was a joke.

9. shecky Guest

shecky

i actually found Hackers to be quite enjoyable. especially for the now noteable

-first appearance (i am aware of) of Matthew Lillard and the facial deformity of Angelina Jolie
    -"the new RISC chip!"
    -the worst acting job in history by Lorainne Bracco
    -"Mr. The Plague"
    -infinitely variable user interfaces abound.
    -fun graphical viruses!
    -and best of all, Penn Gillette as sysadmin boy.