The NETBOOK petition

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by JW8725, Oct 27, 2008.

?

Would you like Apple to bring out a low cost Netbook?

1. You bet!

18 vote(s)
    56.3%
  2. No thanks

14 vote(s)
    43.8%
  1. JW8725 macrumors 6502a

We the undersigned (er forum members) want a Macbook Nano.

2. .Andy macrumors 68030

.Andy

George Friday
    Craig Billson
    Fiona freepers
    Devon Drakenbildge

3. djellison macrumors 68020

To be honest, no - I think they would screw it up. (the new MB and MBP's were a simple proposition that they screwed up amazingly well )

I'd far rather they said "Here's an OSX 10.5 DVD you can install on the MSI Wind, Samsung, Aspire, and Asus Atom based Netbooks"

Doug

4. Sesshi macrumors G3

Sesshi

Apple doesn't really do 'as cheap as possible'. The Air *is* Apple's netbook - it certainly runs about as fast as one in >25C ambients and is arguably even more useless otherwise. I thought everyone was really excited about 'Brick'? It's a 'Brick' netbook. What happened to the fanboy's litany of 'it's quality, you have to pay for it'? Now go cheer Apple!

5. redAPPLE macrumors 68030

redAPPLE

somehow i think the "netbook"-craze is just that. a craze.

i don't think the mbp or mb are really that heavy, which would want me to want a netbook...

but hey. that's just me.

6. synth3tik macrumors 68040

synth3tik

These petitions are getting out of hand. One thing at a time my friends. We have the FireWire petition, and the MMS petition. Lets just settle down and take a deep breath.

7. skyrider007 macrumors 65816

skyrider007

8. millar876 macrumors 6502a

millar876

I, for one, would love a small, light apple netbook for taking to work, watching a couple of films on (biz trips away from office) and a bit of web browsing. There is no way that i would use it enough to necesitate an full fat mac laptop. Hence i realy dont want to shell out arround £800 for a bacbook that will mostly live in a draw somewhere until the 10-15 weeks a year i might use it. I wouldnt mind spending about £300-£400 on one that fits this usage strusture. and i WILL NOT BUY, EVER a windows netbook as using windows vexes me to a degree that such a device may end up having its aerodynamicness and ruggedness tested with a rapidly accelerating horisontal / latteral motion towards the nearest solid upright surface, thussly my iMac only boots into Windows to play games, then its back to happy mac land

9. Melrose Suspended

Melrose

Word. I agree. Personally, I don't see the big thrill w netbooks - I mean, if you want a dang cheap laptop with those specs can't you just browse Craigslist and pick up a bigger one that's a year old for the same price and better specs?

Personally, I don't believe it would be in Apple's best interests to bring a netbook to market - they would build a nice looking one, good quality, blah blah everything we love about Apple, but it would diminish their long-standing image of building high-end stuff (even if their prices have come down in recent months and years). No. 2, Apple doesn't need to build a netbook, they really don't. They've got a laptop available for every type of user already, really. They offer a prestigious line of notebooks, why would they water their lineup down?

I know there's folks that feel differently than do I, but that's my opinion.