The never-ending When are new iMacs coming?

Discussion in 'iMac' started by jacobo007, Oct 19, 2011.

1. jacobo007 macrumors member

So, i am ready to purchase a top of the line iMac (upgraded RAM, processor, HDD+SSD, etc.) but of course as an avid rumor reader I'm constantly waiting for refreshed products.

The Buyer's Guide currently has the iMac as "Buy only if you need it", i don't urgently need it but i would like to have it by March 2012 so I'm kind of waiting for a January-February refresh... I'm kind of thinking there might be a bit of a redesign too, you know, maybe they'll ditch the Optical Drive... what do you guys think? Do you think we will se a new model early 2012?

Thanks.

2. iSayuSay macrumors 68030

iSayuSay

It's best to come back again whenever you ready to make a purchase. Writing about buying iMac you dont even want to purchase yet for quite a long time make this thread .. Well .. Pointless

Speaking of iMac upgrade, Apple never update iMac on early months. We can discuss it further when you ready to buy and make sime meaningful discussion.

3. Logos327 macrumors 6502

New iMacs won't be out until March at the earliest. Ivy Bridge (the next CPU series from intel) is not slated for release until Q2 next year. I don't think it is too far fetched to think apple could get IB a little early, but like I said, that means March at the earliest.

4. jacobo007 thread starter macrumors member

I am ready to make the purchase but if the new iMacs come in January i would wait, if they come later than February i will buy right now.

----------

I see, and do you think coming March they'll get rid of the Optical Drive and do a bit of a redesign or just spec bump using ivy bridge, better graphic card?

5. daftpunkstu, Oct 20, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 21, 2011

daftpunkstu macrumors member

no one knows what they'll be like, apple will probably bring it out march at the earliest, but i wouldnt hold out. my question is will the current ones be sufficient for your use for the future? if so, you may aswell buy it rather then waiting endlessly[​IMG]

6. Logos327 macrumors 6502

I wouldn't be surprised if there is a refreshed design but it is impossible to predict sadly. There will always be better computers on the horizon, but I think that waiting for something like USB 3.0 is worth it if you want your computer to be compatible with devices down the road.

Also, I think it is a bad idea to not buy an SSD equipped iMac, and hopefully the next revision will come with a less expensive option to do so that also supports the faster SATA speeds that are now standard.