vouder17

macrumors 6502a
Apr 30, 2003
Home
NapaCoach said:
i feel like i was tricked
i just ditched my intel machile 2 weeks ago
Yeah and....
You will still be running a totally different OS....and you are only gonna see the first Macintel in 2006.. :rolleyes:

Macintel...innovative ;) :D

njmac

macrumors 68000
Jan 6, 2004
It's already working! From The NY Times :

Mr. Jobs' announcement drew cheers from more than 3,000 programmers at the company's annual World Wide Developers' Conference. He called the new computers "MacIntel," a play on the Microsoft/Intel duopoly known as "Wintel" that dominates the personal computer market.

ITASOR

macrumors 601
Mar 20, 2005
They can just name everything iMac, iBlah, iThis, iThat as they are already doing because it can stand for intelMac. :)

Slogan:

Intel..putting a new meaning to the i.

yes, I'm a genious, thanks

bosrs1

macrumors 6502
Feb 23, 2005
ITASOR said:
They can just name everything iMac, iBlah, iThis, iThat as they are already doing because it can stand for intelMac. :)

Slogan:

Intel..putting a new meaning to the i.

yes, I'm a genious, thanks
Hey if it keeps that annoying Intel Inside crap off our machines and ads I'm all for it.

Mr. Anderson

Moderator emeritus
Nov 1, 2001
VA
James Philp said:
I would just like to coin the term:
Macintel
I hope Apple adopt this in the future! :D
I'm sure any name that we'll see in the future for the new Intel Macs has already been determined. Personally, I think PowerMac is still a valid name - you need something to distinguish the pro/top end machine.

I really don't see the low end changing names (iBook, iMac, eMac).

D

hackand

macrumors newbie
Feb 20, 2005
James Philp said:
Catchy? - No! :p
Macintrash™ :eek:
hey, that makes a lot of sense! If you think about it, the mac you are using now will end in the trash of obsoleteness (sooner than expected, prematurely)! So there goes 21 years of Macintosh and 10 of PowerPC to the trash!

Status
Not open for further replies.