The new Apple keyboard

ajchapinjr.com

macrumors member
Sep 18, 2007
A word of advice.

I purchased the wireless keyboard at first, thinking that it would be nice to rid myself of some clutter on my desk.

What I didn't realize was that the wireless keyboard is much smaller than the wired--there is no numerical keypad on the right hand side and is way too small to be comfortable typing on it. (It's the exact same as the MacBook keyboard, I believe)

I would suggest going with the wired version, which is a full keyboard...it's a low profile, but I like it.

It's sort of a personal preference.

OwlsAndApples

macrumors 6502a
Oct 4, 2006
UK
i really like it, i find it much easier to type on, and far quieter (if that's what you like in a keyboard). You'll just have to get over the missing ':apple:' though :)

speakerwizard

macrumors 68000
Aug 8, 2006
London
i have wired, brilliant, looks good, feels good, easy and fast to type on :) and the update fixed any non functional buttons

johny5

macrumors 6502a
Mar 31, 2007
UK
I have both wired and wireless.
I got the wired one with my Imac and loved it that much I bought a wireless one for my macbook when its plugged in to an external monitor at home!
When I use the wireless one, it does feel a little naked as it doesn't have the numeric pad, but I rarely use that anyway and the sheer smallness and practicality of it is just superb!

Sesshi

macrumors G3
Jun 3, 2006
One Nation Under Gordon
The profile of the keys is fine, but I don't like the feel of the keyboard. It's even more unforgiving than some low-travel laptops and while I think it's definitely an improvement on the crap previous keyboard, I like it lot less than some of the competing scissor-action keyboards on the market.

ctsport

macrumors newbie
Oct 28, 2007
its the best keyboard I've ever used (I hvae the bluetooth version), feels more solid than the macbook/macbook pro kbs. :D

skoone

macrumors newbie
Mar 23, 2006
My input on this for what it is worth--

I originally bought the wired version, and I found it to be a lot nicer than expected.

I then purchased the wireless version, however, I found it to feel so physically small on my desktop that I didn't care for it, so I returned it for a refund.

I hooked the wired keyboard back up and haven't looked back. I can actually type at a reasonably fast speed using it with hardly an error. I enjoy the wired model very much!

Regards-
Steve

blumoon

macrumors member
Mar 22, 2007
Anyone who has purchased the new slim keyboard care to share your thoughts, is it to low of a profile ?

Thanks
I only have mine less than a week but I love it. It took a couple of days to get used to it though. I do have problems with the space bar not taking but I think that's just me typing too fast and not being used to it completely.
It looks great and feels great.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.