The new apple laptop

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Jeans, Aug 2, 2008.

1. Jeans macrumors newbie

Hello,
    sorry if this is the wrong forum to ask, a while ago I decided I was going to buy the 17" macbook pro, but I just heard från my friend that I shouldnt buy it now, as there is a new apple laptop coming out in less then 2 months. Does anyone have any information if this is true? I wouldn't like to spend 2.5k€ just to see a newer model coming out so soon.

2. digitalpencil macrumors 6502

digitalpencil

There's sufficient evidence to suggest a revamp of the entire line is approaching.. leaked casing shots, rumours of glass-trackpads alongside Apple telling resellers to stock up on the current line. When any of this is going to happen though is anyones guess.
    When it comes down to it you can wait forever as there's always something better around the corner but if you can do everything you want to on a current model then i wouldn't personally worry about it. That said, it might be worth holding off a little while and check the refurb store for a tidy 25% saving when the new line comes out..

3. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

Nothing is known, buy when you need it. Late August to early September is your best bet for updates. Buy. When. You. Need. It.

4. dsachdev macrumors newbie

Buy when you need it is relative because most people have a current computer, and they can deal for a little bit. Given the warnings that Apple has given to its channel partner about stocking up on the current laptops because there will be a shortage suggests that they are revamping the manufacturing line for the new design - but that wait looks like it might be up to two months.

With information, people can make better informed decisions.