Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Jay42

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jul 14, 2005
Why does it show a full battery graphic regardless of the charge state? Why can it not show the charge level graphic with the number inside?

Showing the battery percentage is useful, but now I have to squint to see it versus just glancing at the approximate level with the graphic.

svenmany

macrumors demi-god
Jun 19, 2011
I like the percentage display. My eyes aren't good enough to be able to see the numbers against anything but a solid color. I'd be interested to see attempts to make the numbers legible when the background has a charge level graphic on it.

Reactions: MacCheetah3

Paddle1

macrumors 601
May 1, 2013
It takes some getting used to. The funny part is that it becomes animated when you have a low battery.

AppleUser29912

macrumors member
Sep 7, 2022
oh cool, I just enabled it and now it actually works like I Was expecting it haha before I had 50% but battery was showing full which drove me crazy

s2mike

macrumors 68020
Sep 14, 2015
I can’t stand the new version. Looks terrible with the actual battery depletion…in my opinion, it was much better with a full battery icon and the number in the middle.

• Wow
Reactions: sorgo †

Bento.Box

macrumors regular
Sep 10, 2022
I think it's awesome. Now I can just read the number to see how much charge remains, rather than counting pixels in an icon.

btw, you can always turn it off again.

Reactions: Jackbequickly

AppleUser29912

macrumors member
Sep 7, 2022
I like the new one, it gives me a visual indication of how much battery is left while also providing the value. Before, the battery was showing full but in reality the number was 50%, which is terrible for visualization and I had to turn it off. But in my opinion it is perfect now.

Reactions: sorgo †
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.