Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

There are a few Beats deals that remain available on Amazon following Prime Day, including the new Beats Studio Pro headphones at an all-time low price of $179.00, down from $349.99. This is an incredibly steep discount on these headphones, which just launched in July.

beats-studio-pro-purple.jpg
Note: MacRumors is an affiliate partner with Amazon. When you click a link and make a purchase, we may receive a small payment, which helps us keep the site running.

You can get the Beats Studio Pro headphones at this price in Deep Brown, Navy, and Sandstone on Amazon. The headphones come with improved sound quality, voice performance, comfort and durability, and connectivity compared to previous generation Beats.

There are a few other Beats devices on sale today, starting with the Beats Studio Buds at $89.99, down from $149.95. Amazon has four colors on sale at this price, which is an all-time low price on the earbuds.

beats-studio-buds-purple.jpg

Lastly, the Beats Fit Pro are down to $159.99 in seven colors, down from $199.95. These earbuds include the Apple H1 chip, making them easy to pair with iOS devices, and they're built for workouts with flexible wingtips.

beats-fit-pro-purple.jpg

If you're on the hunt for more discounts, be sure to visit our Apple Deals roundup where we recap the best Apple-related bargains of the past week.

Article Link: The New Beats Studio Pro Headphones Are Available for Nearly Half Off at $179

MrMojo1

macrumors 6502a
Aug 25, 2010
New England
The Beats Fit Pro model's ANC/Transparency modes aren't that great. Otherwise, it's OK but finding decent fitting ear tips is also an issue. Tried different tips from different brands and none work well esp. for ANC.
The 'better' tip is the included silicone tips and even those aren't that great and hard to find replacements esp. if you have the colored models like the Volt Yellow colored tips which basically no one has. Also, no one sells just 1 particular size, only the combo sized pack (S,M,L) which is a waste.
If you own an iPhone, stick with the Apple APP2 model.

MrMojo1

macrumors 6502a
Aug 25, 2010
New England
Is the noise cancelling as good as AirPods?
Can only comment on the Beats Fit Pro model.
The ANC is very weak and finding the proper ear tips is difficult and costly. The included silicone tips are alright but it's hard to find the exact replacement silicone tips, in one particular size and in one particular color (i.e. Volt Yellow).
iPhone owners should stick with the Apple APP2 for good ANC (until Apple decides to nerf the ANC with future updates like it did with the original APP).

Reactions: MacFan782040

Populus

macrumors 601
Aug 24, 2012
Spain, Europe
No W1 or H1 chip? Not worth it for me. I’m already spoiled with the automatic switch between devices on my Solo Pros

cygy2k

macrumors regular
Jun 13, 2005
I have AirPod Pros 2, AirPod Max, and these Beats Studio Pro. I use the APP2 for mobility, the APM when watching movies, and the Beats for music. I'd wear the APM for music too but the fabric and my beard don't mix well. While they sound better than the Beats, I think the Beats are good up to maybe $250.

I really wish Apple would open up the Apple TV hardware to allow third-party BT headphones to use Dolby Atmos/Spatial Audio. That's what limits a lot of people like me who watch everything on the ATV several hours every night and wants the best sound.

MacFan782040

macrumors 65816
Dec 1, 2003
Thats
I own both and can answer this question.

Not even close. The ANC is very disappointing. The only reason I bought these was for the lossless audio support via USB-C.
That’s a bummer! Do you know of any wired headphones with good ANC? AirPods Max maybe?

MacFan782040

macrumors 65816
Dec 1, 2003
Can only comment on the Beats Fit Pro model.
The ANC is very weak and finding the proper ear tips is difficult and costly. The included silicone tips are alright but it's hard to find the exact replacement silicone tips, in one particular size and in one particular color (i.e. Volt Yellow).
iPhone owners should stick with the Apple APP2 for good ANC (until Apple decides to nerf the ANC with future updates like it did with the original APP).
I’m trying to find wired headphones with good ANC. Maybe AirPods Max but they are old and expensive.

Mr Magoo

macrumors regular
Mar 1, 2019
Wouldn’t you like to know
I still have and use my beats studio 2 in gold and white. And they look like new (changed earpads once) had them for about 10 years. Only complaint is they feel a bit cheap but as time has proved very durable and look great.

MrMojo1

macrumors 6502a
Aug 25, 2010
New England
I’m trying to find wired headphones with good ANC. Maybe AirPods Max but they are old and expensive.
Airpods Max was released in December, 2020, so it's not that old, though it is expensive, as reported by just about every reviewer, owners and media reports about the product over the years.

onFIRE

macrumors member
Oct 12, 2022
Are Beats products just a lower quality version of AirPods? Why buy Beats over AirPods?

Stiksi

macrumors 6502
Dec 7, 2007
The perception of prestigious clout.
That sounds more like Apple’s own brand – Beats is mid-tier compared to Apple. The beats brand lost all of their clout after Apple bought them and put out Apple branded headphones.

Dj64Mk7

macrumors 65816
Sep 15, 2013
That sounds more like Apple’s own brand – Beats is mid-tier compared to Apple. The beats brand lost all of their clout after Apple bought them and put out Apple branded headphones.
That’s an interesting point of view.

To your point though, I have noticed that the popular opinion of Beats seems to be something along the lines of “the poor person’s AirPods”, just as how in some circles Android is perceived as “what one buys when unable to afford an iPhone”.

vinsalducci

macrumors regular
Nov 26, 2016
I own all of these. I have a sickness. :)

All of these have a ".....BUT...." to them.

The APM are the best sounding NC Headphones I own. BUT....They are a pain in the ass to travel with. They're a tad heavy, and their "case" is just about unusable on the road.

The latest Beats Studio Pros sound about 80% as good as the APM....BUT.... they do offer connected lossless audio which is awesome with the new USB-C iPhone, and they're mush better to travel with as they fold and some with an actually useable case.

The APP are fantastic. They sound great and are awesome for phone and zoom calls as well. I also really dig the new adaptability and voice sensing. BUT....on a plane they're not as good as an over-the-ear NC Headphone.

I'm also quite fond of the new Beats Studio Buds. Their volume control is great, and they're great for working our. BUT...with the included ear sleeves there's a noticeable and infuriating "flutter" sound when I run. So, I'd recommend getting the Comply memory foam version that fits them. That's makes them much better.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.