The new Bluetooth option

pear21

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 12, 2012
Michigan
Why couldn't they make the Bluetooth similar to the do not disturb or airplane mode where the on off switch is right in settings instead of making you have to click Bluetooth then you can turn it on or off?

dotme

macrumors 6502a
Oct 18, 2011
Iowa
Not trying to be a smart*ss, but why do folks need to turn Bluetooth off?

I just don't understand. I've run my iPhones with Bluetooth enabled 24/7 for the past 3 generations. My battery life is usually phenomenal.

macrumors regular
Sep 22, 2012
The Digital Frontier
Why couldn't they make the Bluetooth similar to the do not disturb or airplane mode where the on off switch is right in settings instead of making you have to click Bluetooth then you can turn it on or off?
Because just because you have only one bluetooth device doesn't mean other people would have only just one. Even wifi isn't a single button, why would bluetooth be one button.

NewAnger

macrumors 6502a
Apr 24, 2012
Denver Colorado

I just don't understand. I've run my iPhones with Bluetooth enabled 24/7 for the past 3 generations. My battery life is usually phenomenal.
I own two iPhones. Sometimes I have both with me and have to turn off bluetooth on one because two devices can't connect to my stereo.

Andeavor

macrumors 6502
Aug 19, 2010

There are people who believe that an open Bluetooth connection allows others to access their phone nilly willy.

pear21

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 12, 2012
Michigan

Sometimes I don't want Bluetooth on when I'm driving like if someone else is in the car and I get a call I don't want the call to be over the speakers.

flatfoot99

Aug 4, 2010
I would like that option too... hopefully they will add that and wifi into the notification screen at some point.