the new bumper hasn't changed a bit!!!

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by greylee, Oct 19, 2010.

1. greylee macrumors member

Ok Im pretty disappointed. I love apple but this whole bumper thing is really upsetting me. so I got a white bumper when the bumpers are back on market a couple weeks ago. and i noticed that the rubber on the white bumper seems different than the rubber on the old black bumper i had with the case program. and the new white bumper fits better and stay white and shining prettty well. UNTIL today! im dressing up for a presentation and put my iphone in my jacket pocket and when i took it out all the edges are blueish black now!! so irritating. and white bumper still takes on color so easily and my new white bumper is loose now! it is not as fitted as when i just got it. it is almost as not fitted as my old black bumper but my black bumper doesnt take on stains!
    so yea, if you are looking for buying a white bumper. you can pass it. go for the black. i do think bumper has the best 'bumper' style case out there. the good quality of hard plastic and rubber and the metal keys. I really like bumper just the loose fitting issue and the staining of white bumper are a bit frustrating.
    Im just gonna go back to my black bumper.

2. mcdj macrumors 604

mcdj

Wirelessly posted (iPhone: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8B117 Safari/6531.22.7)

Sweet tweet.

3. Marlon177 macrumors member

then it must be you, i dont have that kind of problem with my white bumper, using it for few weeks, still looks new.

4. jmcclain145 macrumors regular

jmcclain145

The only thing I've noticed about my white bumper is it feels uneven. It feels somewhat loose at the top, like it doesn't center on the lock button properly. My black bumper is quite snug with no give when you squeeze the sides or top and bottom unlike my new white bumper.

Does anyone know if I can just go exchange it with my receipt and no packaging?

5. greylee thread starter macrumors member

i guess. coz i have been using mine for couple weeks too and it looked fine! but then today I put it in my suit and it turned out to be all stained up. I guess it's just the inner pocket material and white pumper doesn't get along :(

6. ItsJustafnPhone macrumors 6502a

+1

also where did you get the idea that there was a new bumper design, or did you just hope you could whine it into existence ?

7. Ferris23 macrumors 68020

8. barachus macrumors regular

maybe your black bumper also picks up colour stains just as easily as the white one but you just dont see it because its erm ... black? :D

9. IrishVixen macrumors 68020

IrishVixen

LOL--pretty much though. Too bad I don't like the black one! I destroyed a pink one trying to clean it. The light colored rubber picks up dyes from all kinds of fabrics and leather, and once that happens, there doesn't seem to be a way to remove those stains.

And it's not necessarily "cheap" materials that are the issue. I've had it happen too with high end purses and leather sleeves. Anything that has been dyed a dark color seems to be a potential problem. Dunno precisely what material Apple used for the bumpers, but a $3 TPU eBay case I bought doesn't pick up any stains at all.

10. greylee thread starter macrumors member

you should tell me Mom then lol.... i really don't care about how cheap or expensive the suit is...i only wear it like once or twice a year for the career fair/interview at school.
    but i am pretty upset about the staining, I kinda expected it's gonna happen sooner or later, but this soon lol.

As for the new 'design' ... yea I am not sure if it's really new. but I do know that the rubber material on the white bumper is different from the black bumper. I do like the apple bumper design a lot. it matches the phone itself pretty well, look and feel they belong together.

in conclusion, I will be keep buying new black bumper then. hahahaa JK
    but yea i would probably buy a new black bumper pretty soon.

11. reebs macrumors 6502

reebs

I bought my new pink bumper 2 weeks ago, I was convinced it was a new design, felt tighter and the rubber part was stiffer. 2 weeks later, it is starting to stain and getting harder to clean. Also it has become looser. It has kind of come off at times while pulling it out of my pocket. I love the bumper design. Was going to buy other colors but not anymore. Why can't they make the design right?! The black one is perfect but for some reason the colored ones suck!

12. yanki01 macrumors 68040

yanki01

my black and blue bumper were a bit loose until I boiled it. both are tight and snug.