The new Gold Aluminum Sport Watch

macrat

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 21, 2003
Maui
Has anyone seen the Gold Aluminum Sport watch. Can you post pic or does it look ok?

Uguubot

macrumors member
Dec 16, 2010
Minnesota
Yeah, I have one. It looks good - kind of understated (at least compared to the shiny ones) in my opinion. I'd post pics but I'm sure some people with nicer cameras who like taking pictures will be flooding in soon to show off their gold AWS. I'm planning on buying either the midnight blue or black leather loop.

macrat

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 21, 2003
Maui
Yeah, I have one. It looks good - kind of understated (at least compared to the shiny ones) in my opinion. I'd post pics but I'm sure some people with nicer cameras who like taking pictures will be flooding in soon to show off their gold AWS. I'm planning on buying either the midnight blue or black leather loop.
Thanks. Mine is getting delivered tomorrow and it occurred to me that I haven't even seen one before I ordered it. I have the midnight blue band but I'm thinking ordering the Black Classic Leather Buckle later

Reactions: MartyCan

iLilo

macrumors member
Sep 21, 2015
Paris
When you paired them, was there a special pairing face, or is it the same as the other sport models?
I'm not sure I understand your question correctly but with my leather band I bought rose gold adapters on eBay which look pretty nice with the gold sport version. I'm sure we will soon find some adapters in the correct color.

JayLenochiniMac

macrumors G5
Nov 7, 2007
New Sanfrakota
I'm not sure I understand your question correctly but with my leather band I bought rose gold adapters on eBay which look pretty nice with the gold sport version. I'm sure we will soon find some adapters in the correct color.
The question is asking about the pairing face. Is is gold like on the following Edition model?

image.jpg

musicpenguy

macrumors 68000
Oct 29, 2006
Yea bands that go well with the gold seem to be the black link bracelet or the black space grey sports band - kind of the same problem space grey owners have - I guess an excuse not to spend as much money on bands

JayLenochiniMac

macrumors G5
Nov 7, 2007
New Sanfrakota
I just got the rose gold AWS and this is my concern, also. Specifically, I am wondering if the leather loop bands will look right with it.
They should look fine because they have no metal connectors. There's a thin strip of silver lining through which the loop inserts, but this shouldn't bother you unless you're extremely anal retentive.

Reactions: Peter K.

AppleTech22

macrumors 6502
Jul 10, 2010
US
Had to get the gold, but wasn't really feeling the blue in a rubber finish. I had a black and white band left over from after I sold my space grey watch. Still waiting on my black link that as shown above will look awesome with the gold. Going to also spring for a blue leather band, already ordered the click aluminum adapters.

Attachments

iLilo

macrumors member
Sep 21, 2015
Paris
I was wondering if any one has a picture of the gold ASW with the milanese loop band ? I was thinking about this mix but no idea how this would look like ?

fania123

macrumors regular
Jul 29, 2015
Do you also have the classic buckle? I'm trying to decide between the classic buckle and the space gray metal link.. How would you rate the metal link bracelet?

Eventually I'll get both, but I'm wondering which to get first.
Go with the space gray metal link first it looks bad ass.

Reactions: Four oF NINE
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.