The new Hitman game

Discussion in 'Console Games' started by Taustin Powers, Jan 14, 2016.

1. Taustin Powers macrumors regular

To make things more confusing, they changed the pricing structure yet again. The game is now releasing in episodes. A full retail version should come at the end of the year. But until then, you buy it one mission at a time.

I love Hitman, I loved Absolution, so I really wanted to get excited about this game. But they have finally managed to lose me with all this back and forth. I want to buy a game and be done with it. Not buy each mission separately. This model may work for Telltale games, but I really don't think it makes sense here.

I was going to buy the full game at launch. Now I am just going to sit this one out. Maybe grab it in the bargain bin two years down the road, when I am sure I am getting a whole game...

2. Bradley Easton macrumors newbie

Bradley Easton

So how long does each 'episode' last? I was excited for this game until I read your post. I miss the times where publishers just released a fully working game for a set price and it's done with.

3. Taustin Powers thread starter macrumors regular

You pretty much buy one map at a time. They're supposed to be pretty big and open and will probably offer multiple ways to achieve your goal.

I just can't be bothered with this bullplop.

I'm just waiting for them to announce an "always online" requirement to put the final nail in the coffin.

4. Taustin Powers thread starter macrumors regular

So the first couple of episodes have been released, and I have read a lot of positive things about them. Has anyone here subscribed to their episodic format? How is working our for you?