Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

nicroma

macrumors 6502a
Jun 20, 2009
Midwest, USA
Okay so one final question. I really need a new computer as soon as possible. With everybody all worried about the first few months of the 27" with the quad cores, should I go with the C2D instead?

I know I would greatly benefit from a quad core, but I am running on Dual Core right now and am very happy with it. Its not the dual core thats causing my issues, I never heard of anybody else lagging while watching movies or scrolling through a page. It even lags on MS Word when I type. I really do not know what it is, but my 3.3Ghz Core2Duo shouldnt have these issues.

So anyway, spend the extra few hundred and get a quad core, or get a dual core since they are less likely to have problems?
No one knows if the i7's will have any problems. Some people are speculating, but that 27" allows for more room to spread out the components and allows a better cooling configuration. I didn't think twice about it. I trust Apple hardware enough to know it will be reliable.

dukebound85

macrumors Core
Jul 17, 2005
5045 feet above sea level
No one knows if the i7's will have any problems. Some people are speculating, but that 27" allows for more room to spread out the components and allows a better cooling configuration. I didn't think twice about it. I trust Apple hardware enough to know it will be reliable.

really?

the same company that had (to name a few nortorious ones)

iphone plastic cracking
mb has random shut down syndrome
powermacs have leaky coolant
mbp's have faulty 8600
emacs have faulty capacitors

i dont trust apple hw at all really anymore, esp rev a stuff

Ethosik

Contributor
Original poster
Oct 21, 2009
So it would be worth it to just get the highest C2D, since it will have less chance of issues?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.