Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

krewelement394

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 14, 2008
Ok, so i was waiting for this new iMac to be released! i thought it was going to be a totally new Design and more updates! looks like the one before. well should i get it, or will there be a new iMac release in the fall.... because that is what apple usually does during the WWDC...:/ please advice!:)

Also what was upgraded from the last version...?
the one thing that is obvious is the Intel i3.... i really thought the 27' was going to get an i7.

Also, my credit card is can only be used for 800.00, because i have the student version, i called the company but they said i cannot have any more money. can i call apple and order it by phone, pay half with credit and half debit? the reason why, is because i want to start my credit up and running, i have the 1,500 but like i said i want to start my credit.:)

Ravich

macrumors 6502a
Oct 20, 2009
Portland, OR
After this, we probably wont be seeing another iMac update for at least 8 months.

The main difference is no more Nvidia GPUs and processor bumps. Low end iMacs got core i3. The 27'' iMacs already had i7 processors at BTO options, and still do.

I'm sure you can split the purchase between multiple cards.

krewelement394

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 14, 2008
After this, we probably wont be seeing another iMac update for at least 8 months.

The main difference is no more Nvidia GPUs and processor bumps. Low end iMacs got core i3. The 27'' iMacs already had i7 processors at BTO options, and still do.

I'm sure you can split the purchase between multiple cards.

Ahh, i see. so my total for a 27' iMac, i3 is $1,640.....is it worth it?:) oh and add 199 for the "free ipod touch" but then again it is free with the rebate ;]

krewelement394

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 14, 2008
Sorry for the double post, but i was looking at the 27' and 21.5' and the only differences between these two are the screen size and resolution of course, is it worth paying 200$ more for the 27"?

Martyimac

macrumors 68020
Aug 19, 2009
S. AZ.
Sorry for the double post, but i was looking at the 27' and 21.5' and the only differences between these two are the screen size and resolution of course, is it worth paying 200$ more for the 27"?

That is purely personal preference. For me, the 27 is just to large. I was hoping that the imac would have a 24" option and be adjustable up or down. My current 24" doesn't fit under the upper book case on my desk. And I am finding that 24" is PLENTY big enough. The larger 27" is just huge. So now, I am forced to look at a Mac Pro with some other monitor besides an Apple monitor. And the Pro's are just downright expensive, for what you get.
Just my own personal opinion.

DannyBres

macrumors 65816
Oct 30, 2007
UK
That is purely personal preference. For me, the 27 is just to large. I was hoping that the imac would have a 24" option and be adjustable up or down. My current 24" doesn't fit under the upper book case on my desk. And I am finding that 24" is PLENTY big enough. The larger 27" is just huge. So now, I am forced to look at a Mac Pro with some other monitor besides an Apple monitor. And the Pro's are just downright expensive, for what you get.
Just my own personal opinion.

Get a different bookcase....

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.