The New ipad 2 When?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by potjoe, Feb 13, 2011.

1. potjoe macrumors member

Hi,All can some one tell me please Appox when the new ipad2 will be launched as i am looking to buy one OR just go out and buy an ipad 1 now!.Some help on this one please.:apple::apple::apple:

2. aaps59 macrumors regular

aaps59

3. celticpride678

4. ConnorTurnbull macrumors 6502

I'd say late March to early June to cover the first two rollouts (US, then UK/Germany/France/etc.)

However, the iPad does work fine so if you want one now and aren't bothered about the camera and a little bit of additional RAM, you can't go wrong.

5. thaghost macrumors 6502

I am right there with you. I have been following all the rumors for the past few months to wait and get one. However, with some the rumors now, it doesn't look like it'll be coming for another few months. I can see them announcing it in march-april and releasing it June-July. Just my $.02.

6. WLS, Feb 13, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 13, 2011

WLS macrumors 65816

Yea I feel your pain. Best guesses run from late February to late March.
    all we can do is hang in there and hope it is soon. I'm reasonably sure it will be soon.
    afterall they are supposed to be making them now, how many do they need to have sitting in storage?

7. AppleGoddess macrumors 6502a

AppleGoddess

8. Zackmd1 macrumors 6502a

I was asking myself this same question two weeks ago... I finally said screw it and last monday I bought an iPad. I bought it at best buy with the rewards zone card so if they announce the iPad 2 before march 20 and it has some great new feature tht I can't go without:D then I'll just return the iPad one and pick up the iPad 2 the same day!

9. Goldinboy17 macrumors 65816

Goldinboy17

Now I just can't help but imagine a March 21st announcement.

10. potjoe thread starter macrumors member

Nice to see

some are looking at my thread,as i am new to Mac's (mini) just when did the ipad1 come out (date)?.:confused:

Nice to see some of you in usa are not asleep as it is day time here in the UK cold wet and not very nice.:cool:

11. Goldinboy17 macrumors 65816

Goldinboy17

Announced late January released April 3rdish in the States. The reason it was announced so long before the release is possibly to build up hype. It was done for the original iPhone as well. I would imagine a release after announcement within two weeks or so.

12. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

I doubt Apple will stagger release for the iPad 2.

As soon as it's released in one territory, it would basically sign the death nail for sales of the existing model in those countries left out of the initial launch. Apple may be happy with that situation, but Retailers certainly would not.