The new iPad and air video / goodreader

Discussion in 'iPad' started by debudebu, Mar 23, 2012.

1. debudebu macrumors regular

With the new ipad, does airvideo stream better or is that mostly reliant on the host computer?

Anyone use Tumblr? My iPad 1 would put placeholders where pics should be after a few pages of scrolling (with safari or alternative browser apps) due to memory issues I'm guessing. Fixed? Thanks

2. number84 macrumors 6502

3. Thomas Davie macrumors 6502

I don't think live conversion looks any better regardless of what iPad you have. However, my 2011 MBA (i7 1.8) doesn't get above 49C when live converting. 2008 iMac runs toasty at 90+C :)

Mostly watching over 3/4 g during lunch hours; otherwise wifi.

Tom

4. debudebu thread starter macrumors regular

Reason I ask is because my iPad v1 was freezing and hiccuping on half the videos I'd feed it (live converting). I've sold it and am contemplating getting the new iPad, but it sounds like my older model laptop is the bottleneck and it might be time to upgrade it then get the ipad later. But I want the ipad :rolleyes:

5. mac jones macrumors 68040

Goodreader

Well are these guys good or what? :D They already have a retina update

Now, I used this last night, and without a comparison the the 2, I'm not sure at all, but things are looking pretty good there.

Check it out.

Considering these Pads are hot off the press, it's going to take a bit of time to see what we are going to get, but I imagine it ought to be fun :)

6. boltjames macrumors 68040

boltjames

GoodReader, the safest way to secretly store 12GB of wife-proof pr0n on your The New iPad. My fave app of all time.

BJ

7. ReallyBigFeet macrumors 68030

ReallyBigFeet

Dude, if you've got the trophy wife why the pr0n? Or do you need to add ED to your sigline?

8. debudebu thread starter macrumors regular

Yea, heard the new goodreader update was looking good. Doubt they'll have it on an ipad at the Apple store, but hopefully they'll be able to load up a pdf in ibooks with it's new rendering engine.

Curious, if anyone out there has an older computer and the new iPad with air video, and if they're having a smooth video watching experience?

9. ljx718 macrumors 6502

Who said anything about a trophy wife

10. mac jones, Mar 24, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 24, 2012

mac jones macrumors 68040

It's in his sig.

I wonder what she would think if she saw his sig? Of course then, she'd know about the naughty also. :D