The New iPad.... Any tips & tricks?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by arranjenks, May 11, 2012.

1. arranjenks macrumors member

I'm really new too all of this, so if there is already a forum based around this subject, can you please just direct me too it and not be sarcastic etc....

I ordered the new iPad today on the network 3 with 15gb internet allowance month. its the 32gb model.

just wondering if there are any must need apps etc that you could suggest?
    cheers.

2. r-sparks macrumors 6502

r-sparks

I'm not sure there any many tips specific to the new iPad. It's just a better screened version of the old iPad. Try the OS X Hints site although note that for historical reasons they refer to all iOS tips as "iPhone": http://hints.macworld.com/index.php?topic=hwiphone

I guess one tip for the new iPad is to only charge from the mains. Charging by USB will be so slow that it's not practical and in some cases won't even work.

3. anthonymoody macrumors 68020

What's your primary interest and use for it? That'll help shape the answer.

For anyone though, I'd highly recommend Goodreader. Sort of a Swiss army knife for the iPad...

4. arranjenks thread starter macrumors member

thanks for the link! will definitely check it out! yeah i heard about that, but thought it was just nonsense so cheers for verifying that mate

main use would be gaming and reading e-books and browsing when on long train journeys :)

5. BFizzzle macrumors 68020

BFizzzle

i recommend getting the app "downloads HD" its awesome for downloading files online. (mp3s movies etc)

modern combat 3 is loads of fun. The online play is pretty solid :)
    Swordigo is free today only. Download that! really really fun action RPG
    DeerHunter Reloaded has surprisingly been fun! free
    GTA III! worth every penny
    Max Payne, if you havent played it on xbox you need to get it! great story line.

if you like to read the bible, the app called Bible is really cool! lots of good featurs.

i know you didnt list productivity, but i use the hell out of "numbers" and "pages" for my job, as well as "notability"

for web browsing, most pages are html5 now, but if youre wanting to watch flash content. "puffin web browser" is my favorite one.

6. Lindsford macrumors 6502a

7. spiderman0616 macrumors 68030

spiderman0616

It really and truly depends on what you do. You bought a big slab glass that can literally turn into anything you want it to be based on what you like doing the most. You have every major bookstore available, you have all the e readers, you have games out the wazoo, tons of free and pay news apps, countless utilities, and yes, even content creation apps.

Just know this--if there is something you think you'd like to do on your iPad, you can probably do it.

8. yang88she macrumors regular

Thank you! New iPad user as well!

9. arranjenks thread starter macrumors member

Dude thank you so much, this was great! will definitely be looking into these when my ipad arrives on tuesdays. cheers!

Yeah thats great man. 1 question, how did you get 'iPhone 4 16 GB black, 3rd Gen iPad Black 32GB, Airport Extreme, iPod Touch 8 GB white, Macbook' under your comment :)?

10. BFizzzle macrumors 68020

BFizzzle

no problem! this is my first ipad as well. i love it :)