The new iPad + Blue Yeti Pro = home studio?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by nashpdotcom, Aug 9, 2012.

1. nashpdotcom macrumors member

As a recording artist, I need to be able to import mp3 or wav files into a multitrack recording session. My two ways that I'd want this to happen is with Dropbox and Email. Is this possible? What apps?

I have the Blue Yeti Pro, can I use this mic for iPad recording?

All of my recording sessions on the Mac are done in GarageBand, and only require vocal input. It seems almost possible to remove the Mac from this process.

Thanks in advance for the help.

2. Beta Particle macrumors 6502a

3. BFizzzle macrumors 68020

BFizzzle

you can do it, but the garageband ios lacks many voice effects, and its harder to mix.

if all you do is record raw vocals, by all means it can replace it.

4. utcoug macrumors member

Blue Yeti Pro and new iPad

I had an ultra mobile set up like this at one point in time, I didn't have the Blue Yeti, but I used a Zoom H4N in USB mode and it worked great. I could connect to many recording apps through the USB dongle for the iPad and the recording quality was superb. I did a few mobile demo recordings with this set up. A Mac is overkill when you are just doing simple voice recordings. Multi-track support and the computing power to keep up are only necessary for certain types of music production.

5. nashpdotcom thread starter macrumors member

Thanks for the replies. My biggest concern is getting the production I purchase into a multitrack session easily enough to make the process of using the iPad worth it.

If it can't be done through Dropbox or Email, then the ease use that the iPad presents, goes out the window for me.

Wav or MP3, drop it into the session, and begin recording vocals.

The technology seems to be here. Writing the lyrics, 4 finger swipe over to the session, turn on iPhone that has already synced those lyrics into the same app, begin recording.

6. utcoug macrumors member

Export of recorded files

Most recording apps allow you to export uncompressed wav files that can be transferred into a more robust DAW for mixing/editing.

7. andershoeg macrumors newbie

Try to have a look at the just released Auria app. It is a fantastic app for audio recording, and multitracking for that matter. It integrates fine with the use of Dropbox.
    Don´t know about the Blue.
    b.r. andershoeg

8. Sspeheger macrumors newbie

I have a Blue Yeti (not pro) and I can use it with the iPad for VoiceOver work by using the camera connector adaptor and powering the mic through a powered USB hub. I like the Twisted Wave app for recording, but I haven't checked out Auria mentioned in the previous post.

Steve