The new iPad Queue Pics thread

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Q Bert, Mar 12, 2012.

1. Q Bert macrumors regular

Q Bert

Like most of you, I pre-ordered the new iPad from apple.com minutes after the announcement. Last year, I stood in line for the iPad2 at my local Apple Store and I even had a photo of me lining up for the local newspaper. This time around, I will be waiting for my spanking brand-new iPad in the comfort of my house come March 16.

The purpose of this thread is to showcase pics/images of people already lined up at Apple stores, Best Buy, Target, etc. This is just for fun and we might be reading interesting stories from people from those pics.

I suggest the following format for posting:

- Name of store and location. Post it as BOLD TEXT. Example: Apple Store, Oakbrook, IL USA
    - A brief description. Example: Apple Store, Oakbrook, IL USA First in line, 6 more days to go !!!
    - GET CREATIVE AND HAVE FUN !!!

Hopefully, a lot will participate so just we will see threads other than the color and/or size of the iPad, pre-order delays, etc. Remember, Think Different :)

2. iHeartsteve macrumors 65816

iHeartsteve

Are you serious? lol Waiting in line a couple days prior?

3. M87 macrumors 65816

4. Q Bert thread starter macrumors regular

Q Bert

There's already people lined up, not kidding. Taken from slashgear.

[​IMG]

Apple Store, Regent St, London, England

5. iHeartsteve macrumors 65816

iHeartsteve

OMG!!! hahaha, I guess they bring food w ? Has there been any reports of violence? I'm a petite female and am worried about 'black friday' type riots.

6. Q Bert thread starter macrumors regular

Q Bert

Haven't heard of any violence associated with any Apple product launches. You'll be fine. I even saw people bring their kids for the iPad2 launch

7. M87 macrumors 65816

A guy got his finger ripped off as a result of being robbed while leaving a mall after purchasing an iPad.

8. Q Bert thread starter macrumors regular

Q Bert

Her concern was violence while lining up (pre-purchase), not AFTER. But thanks for the info

9. Apollo 13 macrumors 6502a

Im sure she means both pre and after.

10. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

Well, there was the iphone launch (I believe it was the 4S) in china where fighting broke out between customers and scalpers, forcing Apple to shut down in-store sales. But I think so far that's the only country where there's been problems like that with Apple launches.

11. notjustgc macrumors 6502

Right, as long as she makes it into the store safely, I'm sure she's totally fine with being assaulted as she leaves. :rolleyes:

12. Q Bert thread starter macrumors regular

Q Bert

The concern about violence was brought out due to the presence of long lines. Maybe this is her first time at a big launch so there is the question of the unknown. After she makes her purchase, she wont be a part of a long line anymore. Does it occur to you of being afraid of being assaulted EVERYTIME you leave a store? Of course not. Maybe once out of 100 trips but not everytime. But do you get paranoid and maybe afraid if some sort of violence erupts while you queue in a big line especially if its your first time?

13. homeboy macrumors 6502

I wonder how much $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ those two guys are getting paid by Battlefield 3 and Monster to sit there.

Just imagine the amazing coverage those two products have received in the past 24 hours? It's dirty cheap viral marketing.

14. Q Bert thread starter macrumors regular

Q Bert

15. DS3 macrumors 6502a

16. MattZani macrumors 68030

MattZani

I doubt it, I see people in those hoodies a lot, the Battlefield 3 one is pretty common on campus.

17. sekazi macrumors 6502

Probably around $1000 each. Maybe more.

18. homeboy macrumors 6502

When the iPhone 4S launched there were two people camping outside an Apple store wearing bright orange sweaters with various company logos on them.

Given the publicity of people standing first in line it's no wonder companies have seen it as a cheap opportunity to get global coverage on the cheap. Imagine the hundreds of thousands or even millions who have seen the photos of these two guys?

19. MattZani macrumors 68030

MattZani

Yeah I understand that, but they're pretty common tops

20. homeboy macrumors 6502

Not really. It's not like you can go out to the shops and buy one of those. They are exactly not part of the normal Londoner's wardrobe arsenal.

21. MattZani macrumors 68030

MattZani

The BF3 one came with Pre-orders at certain stores and are available from EA. Admittedly can't find the Monster one but you see people wearing clothes like this all the time. I saw one of the BF3 hoodies today.

These people also really don't fit into the Londoner's usual wardrobe arsenal demographic.

22. Gav2k macrumors G3

Gav2k

Wirelessly posted (iPhone 4s: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9B179 Safari/7534.48.3)

The monster top is £10 in soccer sport.

They are your typical LAN party geeks.

23. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

For the boys ... I wonder who will ask for a pic of you first.

I would say you will be ok. Usually there is some sort of presence of security but after hours, I don't know.

24. maclook macrumors 65816

Someone should go cut in front of them and see if they totally flip the freak out.

25. iHeartsteve macrumors 65816

iHeartsteve

Anyone who lines up that early would totally freak out. lol If someone paid me 5k to instigate them, I wouldn't.