The New iPad Reviews Embargo?

metsjetsfan

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 2, 2011
Anyone know/predict when it will be lifted? Also predictions on what the big names will say? Verge, Mossberg, Engadget, etc

lulla01

macrumors 68020
Jul 13, 2007
U.S
guess

My guess, either this weekend or monday. Mossberg has been silent he's probably in barbados or something playing some angry birds space on his new iPad3

tekchic

macrumors 65816
Apr 19, 2010
Phoenix, AZ
Heh heh, been wondering this too. I was expecting a glut of reviews today, but no dice. It'll be interesting to see if the reviews hit tomorrow or Friday.

DS3

macrumors 6502a
Mar 7, 2011
My guess, either this weekend or monday. Mossberg has been silent he's probably in barbados or something playing some angry birds space on his new iPad3
Heh, how could it be Monday? You get people to agree to embargos by giving early copies, any review site could review it on their own Friday for everything aside from battery life tests.

Last edited:

slopokdave

macrumors regular
Mar 11, 2011
Heh, how could it be Monday? You get people to agree to embargos by giving early copies, any review site could review it on their on Friday for everything aside from battery life tests.
Ha agreed, horrible guess. My guess is late tonight/tomorrow at the latest...

mavere

macrumors member
Jun 6, 2007
iPad 1 and iPad 2 reviews came out at Wednesday 6PM Pacific.

iPhone 4 and 4S reviews came out at Tuesday 6PM Pacific.

I don't remember much before that.

DS3

macrumors 6502a
Mar 7, 2011
While I will certainly read through reviews, I will say that I don't see how there is much they can add though. Pretty straight forward upgrade.

Some battery life/charge time tests are really all I don't already know. Maybe some reactions to non-retina apps on the retina screen.

iDvisic

macrumors member
Feb 21, 2012
Heh, how could it be Monday? You get people to agree to embargos by giving early copies, any review site could review it on their own Friday for everything aside from battery life tests.
I'm no expert, but shouldn't this be reversed? "You allow people early copies only if they agree to embargos." Otherwise, Apple wouldn't have to worry about embargos. Just don't give out early copies. :p

-->iDv.

pgiguere1

macrumors 68020
May 28, 2009
Montreal, Canada

Yggbert

macrumors regular
Jul 22, 2011
The one bonus to my girlfriend being in Japan until next month is my having to stay up later to talk to her means I will be awake to see all the juicy iPad reviews.