The new iPad takes longer to charge?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by ChrisTX, Mar 17, 2012.

1. ChrisTX macrumors 68030

ChrisTX

So has anyone here that owns or has owned previous iPads that now owns the new iPad noticed that it now takes dramatically longer to charge? I'm using the 10W iPad charger, and now the standard charge that comes with most iPods, and iPhones yet this thing takes forever to charge! I know the battery is apparently 70% bigger in order to power the new retina display, and preserve the 10 Hour battery life. I was just curious if anyone else has noticed this? I'm not complaining, as I normally just let it charge overnight, but forgot last night. So I let it charge while I went to the gym this morning. But when I came back, it wasn't as juiced as my iPad 2, or 1 would have been after an hour, and a half.

2. brand macrumors 601

brand

If you would take just a minute to read you would find that it has been mentioned many times. It's common sense really. Bigger battery = longer charging time.

3. ChrisTX, Mar 17, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 17, 2012

ChrisTX thread starter macrumors 68030

ChrisTX

I didn't really do a search for a thread like this one, was just thinking about it, and figured I'd make a post. Not that big of a deal, would have been cool if Apple made the charger a little more powerful but I'm not losing sleep over it. Thanks for the heads up though!

4. PPFee macrumors 6502

PPFee

you mean not losing sleep over it right? Sleep is a good thing, it will be charged when you awaken.

5. DreamPod macrumors 65816

DreamPod

It does take longer to charge, but it's really not that bad. Make sure you're plugging it into the wall and not a USB port on your computer, if you want it charged quickly.

6. master-ceo macrumors 65816

master-ceo

I ran mine down to 17% and started to charge it @ 12:00am, woke up about 6:30am and it was fully charged 100%

7. ChrisTX thread starter macrumors 68030

ChrisTX

Haha good call, and I just saw the other longer thread, glad I'm not the only one.

8. monkeylui macrumors 6502

I'm not well versed in electricity, but I've read you simply cannot pump more juice into it just to make it charge faster.

I used mine today to take pictures & record video. Battery is still @ 82%. I'm not complaining.