The New iPhone 3G "S" Commercial

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by MacOCD, Jun 9, 2009.

1. MacOCD macrumors regular

I just watched this commercial and i was very disappointed... It broke away from their normal commercials. This was very random and didn't fallow the normal pattern of what we usually see... the white back grounds, the hand and the iphone thats it. This was something you would see if you were watching a movie trailer for a cheesy bank robbery movie. I think they wanted this to be new and not as predictable for Apple.. but as i see it, now they are with all the other companies who can't be unique... Sure it was one commercial but I'm judging on one commercial. Love the company, not the commercial.

I would like to know what others think of this new commercial.

http://www.apple.com/iphone/gallery/ads/

2. kornyboy macrumors 68000

Wirelessly posted (iPhone: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5H11 Safari/525.20)

It is similar to the iPhone 3G commercial. Same vault type look and such. I though that it was alright.

3. TuffLuffJimmy macrumors G3

TuffLuffJimmy

I thought it was really weird and cheesy. They should have just highlighted the video feature (at least in a less abstract way).

4. .Andy macrumors 68030

.Andy

Yeah it's similar to that original iPhone commercial.

And the RDF is in full swing :D! Actually spending time advertising that it looks the same :D!

Also: the spy camera needs to use night vision green because it is recording in the dark. But the iphone camera is able to take crystal-clear video :p. I've busted the sucker wide open. False advertising I'm writing a strongly worded email right now :D!

5. TuffLuffJimmy macrumors G3

TuffLuffJimmy

make sure to bold a lot of random words and write IPHONE in all caps.

6. MacOCD thread starter macrumors regular

Well, Yeah the other iPhone commercial is the same i guess... but its still runs way to far off the path that Apples advertisement runs on. I just like the unique Apple... They don't follow trends, and i like it that way.

7. 11800506 macrumors 65816

I think they could have better advertised the new video features that it has more blatantly. At first I didn't realize what they were trying to show.

Overall I think it's a good ad, not amazing, but it should be effective.

8. NathanCH macrumors 65816

NathanCH

9. Mike Teezie macrumors 68020

Mike Teezie

I'll tell you what I think - we're discussing the ad for the product, so it worked on a pretty major level.

10. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

one could argue this whole forum is an ad for apple lol;)

11. abijnk macrumors 68040

abijnk

You've obviously never been to the iPhone forums. :p

12. jecapaga macrumors 601

jecapaga

I'm afraid to head over there. I can imagine the carnage. :eek:

13. macuserx86 macrumors 6502a

macuserx86

Anybody else notice the sweet light-up Apple ID card the dude used to get into the room? I though I was seeing things, but I went frame by frame (inb4 NERD! because I already know I am) and sure enough, the Apple logo in the card lights up when it's slid to open the door. I wonder if they really have that at Cupertino? :D

14. PhixionFilms macrumors 6502

I thought it was wayyyy to short, and didnt have enough definition for the 3gs. And nothing was really "Apple" about it.
    I remember the 3G commercial, where they used the quote "Finally a phone that can beat the iPhone" or something like that. It was pretty creative.

15. conch575 macrumors 6502

conch575

It is different, maybe Apple want to drum up with more sales making the iPhone seem more "daring"?