the new iphone 3gs case thread - What is best case?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by tkjazzer, Feb 10, 2010.

1. tkjazzer macrumors 6502

The last iphone case thread is from 2007.

I'm looking for an updated version of that thread.

What are the most popular?

What are the most protective?

what is the best balance between protection and style? I've seen really big ones that would really make carrying it in your pocket a pain.

Please post here instead of on the 2007 thread.

2. psipsina macrumors newbie

psipsina

I'm partial to my iskin solo. Its got great protection (my phone has literally bounced from 4 foot drops onto pavement!), looks great (I get compliments alot) and it has a belt clip that is secure. Its a good balance between a hard and a soft case, protective but not too bulky.

3. cecoleman macrumors regular

I went with the Griffin Reflect... its awesome! For one, it doesn't scratch your phone like a slider case. Secondly, the back is a semi transparent black with a great rubbery grip. Third, the reflect portion on the front bezel resembles the iPhone itself. I took a chrome apple decal I bought on ebay and placed it on the back of the Reflect case and now my case looks essentially like the iPhone itself with great protection. I have dropped the phone twice since getting this case and it has held up very well, not bumps, no scratches, no problem.

Here is a some pics of mine: http://gallery.me.com/chadcoleman#100027&bgcolor=dkgrey&view=grid

4. rgarjr macrumors 603

rgarjr

Speck Candyshell is an nice case and the one I'm sporting right now.

5. V4705 macrumors 6502

+1
    but i like more the old colors than the new ones...

6. GoHack macrumors member

7. rancid.fl macrumors newbie

Does this protect the screen as well? like the otterbox?

8. alamperti macrumors member

alamperti

I've tested and liked a lot the white Speck CandyShell very protective, great fit a bit hard to remove from the phone when inserted. Right now I'm using a black CandyShell, when you answer a call with the white one in a crowded area it's like screaming "hey look, here is an iPhone" :)