The New iPod Touch w/apps already included

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by bryanc28, Jan 15, 2008.

1. bryanc28 macrumors 6502

bryanc28

so, i waited until after macworld to get an ipod touch. people who already have the ipod touch have to pay $20 for the new apps. i also heard that newer models will have the apps already included. how do we know which the newer models in the stores are going to be? i am assuming there will be a new box artist cover??? help!:confused:

2. md63 macrumors 6502

Will old Touch Activated After Today Get 5 Apps for Free?

I have an iPod Touch that has not been opened or activated. Will I be able to get the 5 apps for free?

Thanks

3. Norco macrumors regular

I think this is a good question, one I'm wondering too so I make sure to get a new(er) touch which has all the new apps.

4. slug420 macrumors regular

im also interested. Been waiting to pull the trigger on them and amazon just dropped the price a few bucks. I am ready to buy now but I want to make sure I will get these new apps pre-installed.

5. Norco macrumors regular

Torrence: Hi, my name is Torrence. Welcome to Apple!
    Torrence: How may I help you today?
    Torrence: Good evening.

You: Hi, I was wondering if I buy an iPod Touch today, will I get the 5 apps for free if it doesn't come with them already out of the box?
    Torrence: ipod touch new click here.. <links to Apple Store>
    You: Yes, I know I can buy it directly from you, but what if I buy it from a place like Costco.
    Torrence: Not sure about inventory that Costco would already have prior to the January update.
    You: So if I buy one from a re-seller such as Costco, I can't get download the update for free from you, even though I waited to purchase it until after you released the new update at MacWorld?
    Torrence: It would depend on when Costco purchased their inventory. It would be easier if you purchase from us.
    You: Is there any changes to the new ipod touch's with the january updates? Such as a new box?
    You: I know in the past the itouch's have had a different musician on the cover
    Torrence: Ok
    You: I was wondering if you knew what the new box looks like
    Torrence: ipod touch click here... <links to iTouch Specifications page>
    You: alright, thats all i was wondering, thanks

After he gave me that second link I just gave up, he doesn't know anything and was just feeding me random pages on their website.

6. zirkle2007 macrumors 6502

zirkle2007

Are we even sure these are live people? It could be computers programmed for keywords and the such. Wouldn't be all that hard to do.

7. solyd macrumors regular

They are live people, probably somewhere around the world. They just look up your question on a database and feed you the answer they see on the screen. Useless..