the New iPod Touch?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by organik12, May 13, 2008.

1. organik12 macrumors newbie

i am on the verge of buying an 16G iPod Touch, perhaps today.
    but i know the updated iPhone is coming out sometime in June (or is rumoured to)

Do you know if the new updated iPod Touch is coming out as well around the same time? and what are some rumoured additions/differences be on it???:confused:

2. Littleodie914 macrumors 68000

Littleodie914

That's a good question. If the form factor for the iPhone changes, I don't see why the Touch wouldn't be in for a revamp as well. :D

3. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

If there's a CPU upgrade coming to the iPhone then expect it to come to the Touch as well. I'd wait it out. You'll only stab your eyes out if a mega-ly better iPod Touch is released next month.

4. gkarris macrumors 604

gkarris

No new iPod Touch's - just EOL'd 8 gig and a price drop of $100 on the other two and include 2.0 software.

5. shadowdude77 macrumors newbie

Wait, so the 8GB is going to be gotten rid of and the 16GB will become the same price as the 8GB? Wow... my 8GB is still under its return policy (Costco ^_^), so should I just return it and wait out until the price drop? Also, are you sure we won't get revamped versions of the Touch?

6. jayhawk11 macrumors 6502a

jayhawk11

Nobody knows dude. Chances are there will be a price drop at WWDC in June. But nobody knows. Thats the risk you run when you buy electronics. Prices are always going to drop, and features are always going to improve.

Unless we're talking about Windows :p

7. Acronym macrumors 68000

dude no need to knock windows OS the only reason macs don't have viruses is because hackers don't waste there time on macs fact to the matter is macs need pc proccessors (intel) to operate their newer omputsrs

Again please forgive the bad grammar and spelling all of this was typed on my iPod

8. Pippen Man macrumors regular

Windows ranting can be done here.

9. cheekybobcat macrumors 6502a

cheekybobcat

I'd say the only major upgrades the iPod Touch will see in the near future are larger storage capacity (maybe 64GB), new physical design, and maybe some hardware upgrades. I would say we will see a new[er] iPod Touch by September; when iPods are upgraded/introduced.

10. Stang68 macrumors 6502a

Stang68

Yea, we probably wont see anything until September when the new ipods are introduced. It is usually when Apple's Education promotion ends because thats when they have gotten rid of a bunch of iPods to new Mac customers.

11. Don't panic macrumors 603

Don't panic

but if iPhone gets GPS and/or other rumored upgrades, wouldn't ipod Touch get the same?

12. Tom B. macrumors 65816

Tom B.

I don't think you should assume that. Apple needs a certain amount of differentiation between the iPhone and the iPod touch, other than just the phone capability.

13. baadtaste macrumors member

baadtaste

lol - it's not ranting, it's bonding ;)

14. AceFernalld macrumors 65816

AceFernalld

The iPod touch could get bluetooth, maybe the new design of the 3G iPhone, that's to say that the current generation doesn't have bluetooth though ;)

15. vi2867 macrumors 6502

vi2867

I have an iPod Touch 32gb and if you can wait until June 9th, I would. We do not know what will be announced. The 3G iPhone is a given, but maybe there is something else.:D