the new iXtreme battery case??

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by ihackster, Jun 9, 2011.

1. ihackster macrumors newbie

Has anyone used or heard of the iXtreme extended battery case? I want to get one for my dad for fathers day..

2. tekbeattv macrumors member

tekbeattv

I have heard of this case, the only issue that I find which may pose a problem or issue (depending on the person) is that it is essentially a battery (extended) that needs to be installed into the iPhone 4 and also having a replacement backing to the iPhone to adjust to the new bulk. So if you are ok with tinkering with the backplate on the iPhone 4 it might be ok.

I cannot comment on the performance on the 2840 maH battery however and its performance. Hope this helps!

3. h1r0ll3r macrumors 68040

h1r0ll3r

For that price you might just want to consider a Mophie Juice pack or something. Personally, I think that extended battery pack looks hideous. I've used Mophie packs as well as Satechi battery packs and both have worked very well for me.

As noted by tekbeattv, you'll need to install this battery pack which means taking off the rear plate and messing around with the internals. Always a possibility of messing something up when doing this and, if your phone has the pentalobe screws, you'll need to buy a special screwdriver for that as well.

4. ihackster thread starter macrumors newbie

Yea I love taking things apart and putting them back together. I have replcase the cracked back glass on my iphone 4, so im comfortable with the installation. The only thing I dont like about the mophie juice back and energizer is that its a different charging cable. That iXtreme looks like it doesnt have a different charging cable. I think I might give it a try and let everyone know how it is.

5. ihackster thread starter macrumors newbie

so far by doing some research, I dont think any battery case has 2840mAh especially not to add a lot of bulk to the phone. Just dont want a case that is thick as crap and requires a different charger!

6. waterson1986 macrumors newbie

It is a ugly battery case, MiLi, Mophie and some others have much better battery cases.