The new keyboard

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by bbates123, Nov 4, 2016.

1. bbates123 macrumors 6502

So as much as I've hated the feel of the new keyboard ever since I got my new 2016 rMBP, it was interesting... I went back to my old 2013 rMBP and a little typing for the first time in a week. I was surprised to find that I didn't like the old keyboard as much as I used to. It felt "spongy" and I found myself making more mistakes. So, even though I'm still not thrilled with the new keyboard (wish the keys had a "little" more press to them and I wish typing wasn't as noisy) I find that I do appreciate it more now than when I first got the laptop.

p.s. Also surprising how big and heavy the old laptop feels after not picking it up for a week.

2. stockscalper macrumors 6502a

stockscalper

Good to know. I hope to spend some time on the new keyboard this weekend.

3. pbasmadj macrumors 6502

It definitely grows on you. I felt the same way, and now I prefer the new.

4. nomoresecrets macrumors member

I just tried out the new keyboard at the store and liked how it felt. I don't see any issues getting adjusting to it after a day or so of use.

5. pbasmadj macrumors 6502

Agree. I picked up the new Pro last week. I got a little bit worried when my hands got sort of tired on the new keyboard due to lack of travel when at the coffee shop, but really I think it is just a matter of getting used to things. I am overall very, very happy with the computer at this point, don't think I would change the keyboard if given the option after a few days of use now.