The new LED display

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by drpiety, Oct 14, 2008.

1. drpiety macrumors newbie

Is it possible they will include them in the next IMac generation? Possible this Year?

2. Unspeaked macrumors 68020

Unspeaked

Yes.

No.

3. drpiety thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for answering Unspeaked, why do you think this Year is not possible? What about the new MAc part Numbers? Do they mean only Spareparts or could they be new Systems?

4. Chupa Chupa macrumors G5

Chupa Chupa

Anything is possible until the end of the month but it doesn't look good. If I were to bet I'd bet that Apple is done for the year with updates and new product. If they were going to do it they most likely would have done so yesterday. I doubt Apple would ship new product in Nov and would more likely wait until MacWorld.

5. drpiety thread starter macrumors newbie

I see that means that according to the buyers guide Imac set to hold dont buy, I will only join the mac community next year if its an Imac I would like to have?

6. Unspeaked macrumors 68020

Unspeaked

Logic would dictate that with the move to all LEDs in their portables and the introduction of a LED display, Apple will be phasing out all LCDs in favor of LEDs as products get updates (the iMac, Cinema Display and white MacBook being the only non-LEDs currently shipping).

That being said, based on past years, it's unlikely Apple will have any major updates before Macworld at the beginning of 2009. They traditionally don't update for the holiday season.

If anything, there may be a very minor revision to the iMac before then (say, a processor speed bump) but no major change like LEDs.

7. eidrunner247 macrumors 6502

Probably in January iMacs/Mac Pros will see an update.

8. drpiety thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks. I guess its worth a wait for the Imac in january then.