The new lock info 3.0

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by philip in al, Mar 2, 2011.

1. philip in al macrumors regular

So today I upgraded to the new version of lock info 3.0. I noticed, among another few issues, the nice and shiny lockinfo replacement icons I was using (lockinfo icons) via winterboard, no longer appear on the lock screen. Any idea what happened? Are the lockinfo icons not compatible with the new lockinfo 3.0?

The only winterboad themes that sit above the lockinfo icons theme are High Gloss for Lockinfo, and htc plugin HD theme for lockinfo.

Thanks

2. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

Yep, this new 3.0 version requires new versions of themes (due to many changes in the architecture), so old themes probably won't work.

3. dudeabiding macrumors 6502

dudeabiding

Yep- my green type theme also bit the dust. Everything seems fine with the app, though. Still playing with the new stuff on it.

4. gregrose macrumors 6502

5. white-usagi macrumors newbie

I think there are a few additional options and plugins. I've been running off the beta repository for some time and it's been working well for me. I run LockInfo + OpenNotifier for push notification status icons. Works perfectly. :)

6. heisenberg123 macrumors 603

heisenberg123

it has some built in themes and they say this version is better overall for theming, havnt noticed and changes other then that so far

7. psywzrd macrumors 68030

This is something that's been happening in lockinfo for as long as a I can remember but when I tap on an email and it's loading, if it takes a long time the screen will turn off and the email will be marked as read (and thus disappear from my lockscreen) even though I never got to read it. Does anyone know if there's a setting somewhere that controls how long the screen will remain turned on while the email tries to load? It seems like emails with a lot of graphics take longer to load and I'd like the screen to stay on until the email loads so that I can actually read it.

8. heisenberg123 macrumors 603

heisenberg123

im not sure, when i tap an email from the lockscreen i have to tap 'done' to go back to the lockscreen, i do have lockscreen dim delay install maybe thats helping

9. Mr. Chewbacca macrumors 6502a

Mr. Chewbacca

I love the update! The fav buttons at the bottom are amazingly convenient, and the upgrade was free.... Win

10. heisenberg123 macrumors 603

heisenberg123

oh i never even noticed that till i read your post, mine is empty what does it do?

11. iphone1105 macrumors 68020

iphone1105

Links you directly, with pictures, to your "phone favorites" for quick call, text, or facetime

12. heisenberg123 macrumors 603

heisenberg123

oh super cool, i guess thats why mine is blank ive never used the favorites in my address book but i will now

thanks for the response

13. los318 macrumors 6502

los318

the fav's is a very good addition. Also, small touches like contact pic's next to SMS/MMS and email's. Also, supports MMS. Lockinfo will show little previews of pictures MMS'd to you. All in All, worthy upgrade plus its a free upgrade for regular users.

As for email, I've never had issues with my emails rendering. I tap on it, the screen turns around and shows me my email.

14. psywzrd macrumors 68030

Really? It never shows "Loading" for a bit while an email loads? Do you get emails with a lot of images or anything like that?

15. DomC macrumors 6502

DomC

I'm still trying to figure out why a double hit of the Home button in Lockinfo brings up the iPod player at the top of the window. I've never set any pref to do this and can't seem to find anywhere on my phone where I can change it from happening.

16. heisenberg123 macrumors 603

heisenberg123

are you sure your Activator is not set to this?

17. xAnthony macrumors 65816

xAnthony

I'm currently updating mine right now. I hope it was worth the update.

18. debudebu macrumors regular

trying to figure out if I want to install this again. It's basically just a way to indicate unread mail/messages/rss/tweets/weather and theming ability right? I've read about it a little but can someone tell me what other unknown or good features it has apart from the above?

Does it allow you to "lock info" like texts from certain people coming through to the lock screen?

19. imac9556 macrumors 6502a

Those who updated... does the Appigo Todo plugin work fine in Lockinfo 3.0? I didn't upgrade yet because everything it working perfectly for me... :) But I want to see what Lockinfo 3.0 offers without breaking anything. lol

20. Mystikal macrumors 68020

Mystikal

Ive been using High Gloss theme and that wasnt affected.

21. los318 macrumors 6502

los318

I dont get a lot of emails with images. Only text mostly. so yes, it renders very quick. for me.

That isnt a Lockinfo setting. That is a setting that comes on the Iphone from Apple. I'm not sure if there is a way to stop that on the lockscreen or not.

22. DomC macrumors 6502

DomC

Exactly what I thought, but no it's not. The weird thing is this only started when I installed Lock Info 3.0. With 2.0 I never had this happen.

23. DomC macrumors 6502

DomC

Double click Home is something you can set in prefs under General. If I'm using the phone a double click will get me to what I've set there which is phone Favorites. Only in the lock screen does the double click bring up the iPod player.

24. DomC macrumors 6502

DomC

And here's a good one. If I play something in the Lock Screen with the player then after I open the phone a double click of Home WILL activate the player and over ride my setting in the prefs for phone Favorites. Weird.

25. F123D macrumors 68040

F123D