Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

marknicholls

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 7, 2004
Bristol, England
Eidorian said:
Ok, I'll do some bandwidth tests at home tomorrow. I should be able to get 3 Macs on my network. All VLC capable and two on wireless.

Thanks a lot man - but you will only need one mac, just multiple express's

I already have the express's so ill just need the mini

The mini will be wired to my LCD in the pool room, the idea is so have a playlist of videos to last an evening (party - say 50 videos) and have the audio form those videos in the pool room, kitchen, and lounge

But i dont wanna buy the mini if the audio is way out form the video - i hear VLC sorts out this problem

Thanks for your time

Eidorian

macrumors Penryn
Mar 23, 2005
Indianapolis
Hmm...3 Expresses gets you down to 2.25 MB/s in/out. I'll crank the bandwidth down on my Airport Express and see if it holds out at low speeds.

marknicholls

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 7, 2004
Bristol, England
Eidorian said:
Hmm...3 Expresses gets you down to 2.25 MB/s in/out. I'll crank the bandwidth down on my Airport Express and see if it holds out at low speeds.

My only concern is if the audio will lag behind the video.

Thanks

Eidorian

macrumors Penryn
Mar 23, 2005
Indianapolis
My superior is going on a roadshow for the rest of the week so Saturday is the earliest I can do this. I'm sorry about it.

marknicholls

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 7, 2004
Bristol, England
Eidorian said:
My superior is going on a roadshow for the rest of the week so Saturday is the earliest I can do this. I'm sorry about it.

I dont think it will work, i have to many music videos, and each one would have a different delay, the only thing i think i could do is redownload all my music videos from iTunes, so each one would be the same spec, so i could configure VLC to handle to few second delay, and as i have bought them all from the same souce (iTunes) the delay may be the same on them all?

Thats the only way i think it may work (streaming video after video without lagging)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.