The new macbook has revealed, will the 2015 and under it models gone?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by AFR25, Oct 27, 2016.

1. AFR25 macrumors newbie

AFR25

what is your opinion as macbook user, will the previous model still use? or because the new one more more more powerful and futuristic, everyone will move to the new one? or just still use their own?

2. duervo macrumors 68000

duervo

I suspect that refurbished earlier models will sell as soon as Apple puts them up for sale. Demand is going to go up a bit for those now. There's a lot of disappointed people after today, and it will drive demand up for refurbished 2015 units. I suspect eBay listings have gone up a bit in price after today. The re-seller market must be dancing in the streets right about now. (Reminds me, I should check and see how much I can get for my 2012 15" now, just out of curiosity.)

There's one positive pricing outcome form this keynote (depending on your PoV):

Prior to the Apple store going down, a refurbished Macbook with the m7/512GB/8GB config said "$150 off!" under the price. Now, it says "$450 off!" because that spec jumped up in price by $300 CDN when they brought the site back online after the keynote. So, the "discount" is greater now, making it seem like you're getting a "great deal." Anyway, when I checked an hour later, that item was gone from the refurb store.

3. AFR25 thread starter macrumors newbie

AFR25

4. duervo macrumors 68000

duervo

Seriously? Have you not read the forums today? I suggest you go spend about 10-15 minutes and browse them.