The new MacBook Pro connectivity with HDMI projectors

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Moshe Alima, May 5, 2017.

1. Moshe Alima macrumors newbie

Moshe Alima

Apple Mac users - The new USB-C port requires USB-C Digital AV Multiport Adapter to connect to an external projector with HDMI. Unfortunately this connection is not predictable! Too often there is no synchronization with the projector - Any kind of projector. No image!!! This happens not only to me, but to many of my colleagues who have been trying to present with their new MacBooks. Until Apple solves this BIG problem - if you intend to present with your laptop - stay away from Apple's new MacBook Pro.

2. ZapNZs macrumors 68020

ZapNZs

I'm not having issues with the USB-C --> HDMI cable I am using, but I've read of some of the issues you are experiencing, and I've interacted with some people who have had issues. Have you tried a different adapter?

3. Stefan johansson macrumors 65816

Stefan johansson

Try buy the original Apple adapters,I had a few,and none of them failed. Another solution is to connect your projector with a wifi streaming device,like miracast or similar.

4. Moshe Alima thread starter macrumors newbie

Moshe Alima

I use both the original USB-C Digital AV Multi port adapter and the Stachi USB-C multi port adapter and with both I get black screen no signal on the projector screen

Attached Files:

5. Stefan johansson macrumors 65816

Stefan johansson

If it's not the adapter,it must be either the projector codec or wrong file format when saving,look that up,maybe you need to change file format or projector settings.

6. Moshe Alima thread starter macrumors newbie

Moshe Alima

I guess the file format and projector settings is not the issue as I connected my old MacBook Pro directly to the HDMI output and the screen was output to the projector

7. Stefan johansson macrumors 65816

Stefan johansson

Ok,then it's probably the HDMI drive routine,check it up.