The new macbook pro in china.

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by VGonz, Oct 14, 2008.

1. VGonz macrumors newbie

I am a potential first time owner of a Mac Book Pro. I lived in the states, but I am now living in China for 2 yrs . I have been looking forward to this new MBP for a few months now and have been waiting like everyone else.

My question is, when they have released revisions or updates to MBPs in the past have they released them worldwide at the same time or is there a delay? I haven’t been able to find an answer through the search engine and I was hoping that someone might be able to shed some light on this for me. I am really hoping I will be a proud first time buyer sometime soon.:D

2. Dreamer2go macrumors 6502a

same time
    All Apple Store will be closed.

I was in HK when Apple announced the new June 2007 version.

3. VGonz thread starter macrumors newbie

Whew! Thanks for the info! I am assuming resellers will sell the new MBP? I know it’s a stupid question, but… I am stupid.

4. chewbaccacabra macrumors regular

chewbaccacabra

What city are you in? I am in Shenzhen currently and for the next few months. There's a pretty nice reseller in a new electronics mart off the Hua Qiang Lu metro stop.

5. Dreamer2go macrumors 6502a

sorry I'm not sure.
    I bought the MBP online (Hong Kong apple store)
    but it took a few days for the resellers to display the new machine in HK. (If I remembered correctly)

6. VGonz thread starter macrumors newbie

I am right next to you. I live in Guangzhou, the Tianhe District.

I have always wanted to check out Shenzhen, i hear its beautiful.:D

Personally I think Guangzhou is filthy:(. At least the Tianhe area anyways.

I was thinking about buying it from the Grand Buy here.

7. chewbaccacabra macrumors regular

chewbaccacabra

Yeah you can't get around the filth here. I sort of liked my brief 4 hour stop in Guangzhou over the summer. But most of that time was spent in a Starbucks before we caught a train to Zhangjiajie. :p

I'll probably wander over to this reseller in Shenzhen and see if they have the new goods next week. There are also a few places in the the MixC (super high end mall) which is across the street from me.