The new MacBook Pro ...

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by mysterywhiteboy, Aug 9, 2007.

1. mysterywhiteboy macrumors newbie

2. Flaki macrumors member

hmmm it's still the old model expect the keyboard...which is similar to the macbook

3. dacreativeguy macrumors 68020

Why would you want that? The current pro keyboard is much better than the macbook chicklet keyboard.

4. njp142 macrumors member

I greatly prefer the MBP keyboard too. Sounds like it's a personal preference though (a lot seem to like the MB), but to me the MB keyboard is one of those Apple style over functionality choices.

5. devman macrumors 65816

devman

If you use the MB keyboard for a few months you might change your mind. I had a PB and now have an MBP, but for about a year in between I was using a MB and, while it took a little while to get used to the keyboard, I greatly prefer it now.

6. njp142 macrumors member

It was hard for me to get used to. It could be because even though I have my MS in Computer Engineering I never taught myself how to type properly :p

7. Aea macrumors 6502a

Aea

Ewwwww (my opinion, of course).

8. techlover828 macrumors 68020

techlover828

ya the current one is hard to beat.

9. hippo206 macrumors 6502

PLEASE NO!!!!! Apple don't listen to the OP!!!!

*Covers apple designers eyes and shuts down computer*

10. giganten macrumors 6502a

I really hope not.
    The current MBP keyboard is much nicer and I think it is better too.

11. mysterywhiteboy thread starter macrumors newbie

Heh. It seems I've really thrown the proverbial cat in with this one! I've noticed a definite Pro bias around here , I guess I'm just different ... I love them both equally! ;)

12. skye12 macrumors 65816

skye12

Yeah, I don't care about keyboards that much anyway.

13. cluthz macrumors 68040

cluthz

I have just loved the keyboards on the pro portables since apple came with the alum PBs, and i really feel that the MB isn't in the same league.

Anyways i've felt that apple have always had really good lapy keys (i still remember the PB180 keyboard beeing 10 better that any other lappis I used in the early 1990s), the exceptions is the Powerbook Duos. I've had three duos, all with extremely bad keys, but i loved the size and the dock :D

14. iToaster macrumors 68000

iToaster

I swear if Apple did that I would just keep my MBP forever until I got my backlit keyboard again. I used to have a MB, the keyboard was fine, I liked it. However, the MBP keyboard owns the MB's (in my opinion)... that backlight is a sexy beast. Aside from that it really is a nice keyboard; it's got a very nice feel to it, it's nice and responsive, I really love it. I just feel that a MB keyboard on a MBP would make it less professional, cheaper feeling, and a step down from where it is now.

15. jczubach macrumors 6502

jczubach

Out! Blasphemer! Out!

16. superman666 macrumors regular

God I hate the Macbook's keyboard. I don't understand why they are gave it to the Imac. It feels like you aren't pressing down hard enough. I'm ecstatic that the keyboard for the MBP is the way it is, like a normal keyboard.

17. jdechko macrumors 68040

Yeah, it's too bad they didn't use the MBP keyboard as the basis for designing the new keyboards. I would love that.

And if the keyboards do that on the MBP (without option, of course) I'll either buy an old MBP or I'll never own a Mac.

18. noodle654 macrumors 68020

noodle654

19. Vanilla macrumors 6502a

I would like to see the latch mechanism on the MBP replaced with the system in place on the MB. I also have a sneaking suspicion they may well add the black border/glass effect that the new iMac has to the next MBP...just a hunch..

20. siurpeeman macrumors 603

siurpeeman

get rid of the physical latch, and maybe change the color of the keyboard. i do like the macbook-style keys, though. it's one of the few things i miss from my macbook.

21. Sbrocket macrumors 65816

Sbrocket

Yech, that doesn't meld with the MBP's design at all. I can't stand the MB's keyboard, personally. I much prefer the MBP's style of keyboard. Plus...white on a primarily aluminum case? It would need many more changes than that to please the public, especially with the high expectations for the next major MBP case revision since its been so long since an update. Not that there's anything wrong with the current MBP's case design, I love mine.

22. GeorgeD macrumors member

Hey, where did thatn picture come from? Did apple release it??

23. XheartcoreboyX macrumors 6502a

XheartcoreboyX

someone so bored did that in photoshop ....
    macbook keyboard in the pro model XD
    even the color between they keys is darker than the actually body color..
    Apple isnt that stupid..
    and the next mbp is supposted to be a big jump..

24. GeorgeD macrumors member

I've been hearing that. HOW DO U KNOW?! lol...and when?!

25. Billy Bob macrumors regular

Well everyone has their own taste but I really have trouble understanding yours. The macbook keyboard is one of the worst keyboards that I have ever used. I have had it for over a year now and i had it ever bit as much as I did when it first arrived in the mail last January. I'd take the ibook G4 keyboard hands down over this keyboard, even with it's flexyness. I think apple should spend less time worrying about style and more time worrying about whether something actually works well.