Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

What would you rather have?

• A new MBP with 60-70% of what you want but released in a few weeks.

Votes: 74 44.6%
  • A new MBP with 85-95% of what you want but released in April-June.

Votes: 92 55.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

millertime021

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 28, 2010
AZ
By now we all know that a MacBook Pro update is in relatively near future. Along with many of you, I have been waiting and following the rumors for months now and waiting for each Tuesday to roll around to see if a new MBP was going to be released.

We all have our thoughts on what we want/expect in the new MBP. My question for you is...

Would you rather see the MBP updated with in the next few weeks and have 60%-70% of what you wanted to see or would you rather wait till April or even June and see 85-95% of what you wanted.

supham

macrumors newbie
Mar 1, 2010
I want it now. The current model actually has everything I NEED now. But I'll just wait to get a little more bang for the buck.

Vanarak19

macrumors 65816
Feb 18, 2008
I want it now. The current model actually has everything I NEED now. But I'll just wait to get a little more bang for the buck.

Im toying with buying a 2.66 15" MBP now on ebay using bing cashback. Can get it for 1750-8%. Save about 200+tax unless I drive to delaware.

Hope its worth the wait honestly. I voted first option, because honestly, the current lineup has about all I want. Id like a newer video card and i5/i7, the rest I can deal without.

millertime021

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 28, 2010
AZ
Yes the current MBP do have everything I need, but I'm holding out for the new ones because the iBook G4 I'm currently running does get the basics done. I'd rather see a huge update in April that would bring back the prestige of the MBP line and wouldn't require a refresh in the next few months following.

I really do hope its worth the wait though.

But the money has been set aside already :cool:

itommyboy

macrumors 6502a
Feb 26, 2009
Titletown USA
Didn't you guys hear? :apple: is not going to make computers anymore just " i - gadgets ". I'm still holding out though in case they drop an uber 13" in the next couple of months as a punk. :p

PS - all things considered kind of a bad choice of thread title

coder01

macrumors newbie
Dec 30, 2009
come on already

i planned to buy a new mbp at the end of december.
then i learned of the rumors that a new mbp was just around the corner, jan. or feb. I have waited and I am checking almost daily for the little blue "new" icon which apple places next to its new products. The darn icon is never there !!!!!
I need a new notebook but there is no way I am buying one now knowing that soon an update will be released.
Come on apple and get your act together, this refreshed lineup is way past due.
:eek:

coryndiego

macrumors regular
Aug 6, 2008
San Diego, Ca.
Macbook Pro Update

The bookstore at the University Campus I work on just received a large shipment of MBP 13' 2.23 and are dropping the price $100.00 on March 17th. I'm not sure if this is a precursor of a New MBP on the 26th or soon after but my fingers are crossed. I'm tempted to take advantage of the $999.00 price but I will probably wait it out.

Waldszenen

macrumors member
Mar 2, 2010
Sydney
I'd have it released as soon as possible, and ideally before the end of this month while I can still score a free iPod Touch from the Apple Store :D

millertime021

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 28, 2010
AZ
Good Points, I'm trying to hold out. I've been waiting since December. However, I'm willing to hold out till the refresh.

prodigee

macrumors 6502a
Sep 23, 2009
Brooklyn, NY
I don't really care that much. I feel that if it is released now there are going to be a whole bunch of pissed off people in June when they do another upgrade like they always. (Not saying there aren't pissed off people now though... God that would be an awful assumption). I am waiting till July regardless. So I can buy the most up to date for college.

spinnerlys

Sep 7, 2008
forlod bygningen
in June when they do another upgrade like they always.

Apple does not (doesn't) update its notebook line in June every year. Sometimes it's April, sometimes it's May, sometimes it's another month.
Just because they used the June in last year or another year, doesn't mean they stick to it.

Or why was there no MBP update last year in October, when they did so in 2008?

When they update their notebook line in March/April/May/June/July, don't expect to see another updates for several months.

bluefox9er

macrumors regular
Jan 28, 2010
By now we all know that a MacBook Pro update is in relatively near future. Along with many of you, I have been waiting and following the rumors for months now and waiting for each Tuesday to roll around to see if a new MBP was going to be released.

We all have our thoughts on what we want/expect in the new MBP. My question for you is...

Would you rather see the MBP updated with in the next few weeks and have 60%-70% of what you wanted to see or would you rather wait till April or even June and see 85-95% of what you wanted.

highly unlikely that the new MBP's will be out before christmas as the ipad is being made available in april and it's difficult to see apple not putting all it's energies in supplying a competitor to the nintendo ds/sony psp market instead of providing people who need productivity with an update or refresh.

current cost for the MBPs with relation to their specs is nothing short of horribly disgusting...technology has evolved and prices have fallen...apple should at least have the decency to drastically reduce the costs of their 'current' MBP range to be reflective of this until they decide that there is a legitimate need for people to want powerful notepads and not oversized ipods.

millertime021

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 28, 2010
AZ
highly unlikely that the new MBP's will be out before christmas as the ipad is being made available in april and it's difficult to see apple not putting all it's energies in supplying a competitor to the nintendo ds/sony psp market instead of providing people who need productivity with an update or refresh.

current cost for the MBPs with relation to their specs is nothing short of horribly disgusting...technology has evolved and prices have fallen...apple should at least have the decency to drastically reduce the costs of their 'current' MBP range to be reflective of this until they decide that there is a legitimate need for people to want powerful notepads and not oversized ipods.

I don't think they will wait till December, but I do think it will be at least late April. Oh well haha

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.