The new MacRumors Engrish feature!

Discussion in 'Site and Forum Feedback' started by Let's Sekuhara!, Apr 1, 2010.

1. Let's Sekuhara! macrumors 6502

Let's Sekuhara!

This is so awesome! Now when you hover your cursor over the New Post button MacRumors suggests a randomly generated Engrish phrase for you to use as your thread title.

Some of the good ones I've gotten so far are:

The emergence of Aperture's pedagogical institutions is synonymous with the MacBook Air's discovery of the abyss.

The printer driver rhetoric of commodified objects is symptomatic of the totalization of USB mouse panopticism.

Visualization of radical GarageBand alterity thematizes the reading of post-Hegelian criticism as it relates to Stickies.

Please share yours as well.

2. Mal macrumors 603

Mal

Suggested post: "The sensibility of the natural is closely allied with the internal structure of the millennial hedonism in Mac OS X."

Heh. Good find.

jW

3. dXTC macrumors 68020

dXTC

As I posted this reply, my suggested title was:
    "The delegitimization of empirical PowerPC literalism invests itself in the denomination of Mail.app self-referentiality."

My own translation: If you can get Mail sending itself e-mails in an endless loop (self-referentiality) on a PPC Mac, it will void (delegitimize) your AppleCare. :D That is, if AppleCare would still be active on such a machine. LOL

4. Doctor Q Administrator

Doctor Q

Staff Member

You should win a prize for explaining what your suggested post means. Nobody else was that brave!

The MacRumors Engrish feature will last a few more hours for those who want to try collecting (and explaining) more of the post suggestions. :) But when it's gone you'll have to go back to composing your own posts again. :(

5. Let's Sekuhara! thread starter macrumors 6502

Let's Sekuhara!

I think you're right! By golly, you've cracked the code!
    Actually, I think I was mistaken. These aren't randomly generated nonsense sentences... these are actually excerpts from the fine print of your AppleCare legal agreement! ;)

Here are a couple more:

The Mail.app socialization of commodified objects is comparable with the epistemology of Spotlight's natural resilience.

The expression of cultural reproduction by wireless keyboards elides the representational validity of Apple Education.

I think that last one means that if you fornicate with your keyboard you are not eligible for the One to One program.

6. mickbab macrumors 65816

mickbab

Well I've got a couple here:
    Amusing.
    Will work out some meaning in a minute.

7. Gonzo3333 macrumors 6502a

Gonzo3333

I just noticed this as well. What gives, here's mine:

The printer driver rhetoric of commodified objects is symptomatic of the totalization of USB mouse panopticism

8. Saladinos macrumors 68000

Saladinos

You heard it here first: Apple is using iPod engraving to collect all information.

And then, when they have finished, they will ensure no new information arises in the only way possible - by destroying the universe!

9. TuffLuffJimmy macrumors G3

TuffLuffJimmy

This far into April first and this is the first I hear of this!? What's the pattern? Is there a pattern?

10. Let's Sekuhara! thread starter macrumors 6502

Let's Sekuhara!

Yes. Actually the secret of the universe is coded into these phrases. You'll never get at it though - it's hidden in artificially intelligent 1024-bit 3-D fractal encryption. Haha!
    Still, you should give it a shot. Drop 10 hits of acid and then post what you've come up with. :D

The hermeneutic of the materialist architectonic thematizes the invention of the Mac GUI and its biohistory.

When Magic Mouse exploitation of normative values undermines the poetics of agency, iTunes gift cards predominate.

Mac Pros, with their conceptual logic of participation, pervade the socialization of Core 2 Duo anthropocentric history.

Truly poetic.
    The Mac GUI's biohistory has... moved me.

11. TuffLuffJimmy macrumors G3

TuffLuffJimmy

Can't until next week! By then the puzzle will be long gone and there will be no way to solve it.

...Or will there?

12. Doctor Q Administrator

Doctor Q

Staff Member

Thanks for being good sports

We hope you enjoyed the silly post suggestions that the "New Thread" and "Post Reply" buttons produced on April 1st.

We'd like to give credit to The Virtual Academic at the University of Chicago. We used their tool to generate a set of sentences that we then Apple-ified.

For posterity, here are screen shots showing two examples:

Attached Files: