the new MB keyboard, ironically...

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by fisherking, Sep 29, 2016.

1. fisherking, Sep 29, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 1, 2016

fisherking macrumors 603

fisherking

took me 10 minutes to get used to the keyboard on my new 12" MB; i really like it. the crazy part is... i still do some work on my 13" macbook pro. so... going back & forth between the 2 keyboards is frustrating. my fingers seem to get confused (guess it's my brain, actually; the fingers are just victims of the situation).

am sure the coming macbook pro's will have the new keyboard; makes sense. for now, i just have to adapt.

anyway, just a small rant. am loving the MB; it makes my pro look old, heavy...primitive.

so it goes...

2. imoxja macrumors newbie

Whenever I type on any other keyboard nowadays, it feels like a workout because my fingers have to move way more.

3. fisherking thread starter macrumors 603

fisherking

i know. it's crazy, too, since the older macbook keyboard is what keyboards have been like for years (well, macbook and powerbook keyboards at least).

am really enjoying working on the MB, and prefer it's keyboard.

4. Appleaker macrumors 68000

I also really enjoy the keyboard, I think it's partly the low travel but the new mechanism plays a major role also. It feels more tactile and mechanical, compared to the old MB keyboard that now feel mushy.

5. pmouritz macrumors member

Yes! The new butterfly mechanism is very pleasant to write on. I like it a lot better than the traditional keyboards and can swing out 100+ wpm. However, it seems to me to be a bit more noisy than the traditional keyboards. Or maybe it is just because, I haven't quite got used to it yet and press the buttons a bit to hard :D

6. T'hain Esh Kelch macrumors 601

T'hain Esh Kelch

Personally I would have liked something in between the MB keyboard, and the traditional ones, when it comes to travel, but I guess that is personal preference.

What I don't like though, is the apparent low QA on them. When I got it, the W-key wouldn't activate at the top. And now that I've used it much more, I have also realised that my N-key and left arrow key, are somewhat wonky. I will try to clean them as per Apples instructions, but 3 bad keys on one keyboard is not good.