The new remote ui should be in music

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by bRADYPUS, Nov 4, 2013.

1. bRADYPUS macrumors member

bRADYPUS

the dark theme and transparency look so gooood:p
    iOS 7 is too white/bright for me:(

2. viperGTS macrumors 65816

I agree. The black theme looks very good and reminds me a bit of iOS 6 - which I like.

3. BergerFan macrumors 68020

BergerFan

I could not agree more. At least have a white and dark theme choice for the OS itself.

4. Mabus51 macrumors 6502a

What dark theme? My Remote app is Bright white! The settings menu doesn't have anyway to change this. What am I missing? :confused:

5. Altis macrumors 68020

I think it's just the Now Playing screen that is dark, around the album art. It looks so much better, and is easier on the eyes. The selection screens are still white though, I believe.

6. Mabus51 macrumors 6502a

Oh, couldn't stand to use it that long. It hurt my eyes to much and sunburnt my face lol.

7. BergerFan macrumors 68020

BergerFan

Yeah, I meant the Now Playing screen. Great use of the frosted transparency with the faded album art in the deeper background as well.

8. Armen macrumors 604

Armen

You guys need to stop this light/dark theme nonsense. Apple went out of it's way to present colorful new iphones and a bright colorful iOS that most of the world admires except Americans who are attracted to dark and depressing things. I for one like dark themes too but sometimes you have to liven things up a bit.

9. C DM macrumors Westmere

Really, no one outside of US likes darker themes? I know there are some "studies" and whatnot, but those are essentially almost stereotypical generalizations more than anything else. Yes, Apple went more "colorful", but that doesn't mean that's the beset thing. Apple went more colorful with iMacs too 10-15 years ago, but moved away from that as well a while ago.

10. Armen macrumors 604

Armen

Giving users every thing they want isn't a good thing either C DM.

11. C DM macrumors Westmere

Yeah, probably not everything. But there are certainly things that aren't provided and yet are fairly straightforward, make sense, and can be provided without things getting too crazy.

That said, Android in general provides much closer to everything (although certainly not everything), and at least these days things are fairly decent (if not even better than that) in the Android world (with even far more people in it).

12. bRADYPUS thread starter macrumors member

bRADYPUS

I'm a Canadian tho

13. Oohara macrumors 68020

Oohara

I agree totally. The dark remote ui is just beautiful. It could at least be included as an option for dark surroundings where the white ui gets extremely bright.

Are you joking? You'd refrain from suggesting an option that you yourself want, just because "Giving users every thing they want isn't a good thing"?

I love the dark remote ui and I'm European btw. Lol.

14. palmerc2 macrumors 65816

palmerc2

Oh brother.....People are so quick to blame everything on Americans, get off your imaginary high horse.

Having a dark theme would be nice as an option

15. jacobss macrumors 6502

The iOS 7 music app should look and work like this, the scrubbing here is fine but on the music app it's horrible! What the hell apple?!

16. illusionmist macrumors member

YES.

Looks better and has Up Next. Wonder if they'll update the look in 7.x update though...

17. attila macrumors 6502a

attila

I'm in Europe and my eyes get tired from the white and neon iOS7.

I want the content to be in focus, not the UI.

18. JUiCEJamie macrumors 6502a

JUiCEJamie

Totally agree. I actually enjoy looking at my phone when I type in my password when buying Movies and things!

Just like the Apple logo when booting up, it'd be nice to have an option to change colour scheme to tie in with our coloured device. (Or even change it regardless of device colour).

19. Mabus51 macrumors 6502a

It's not about being attracted to dark and depressing. It' s about being able to use the device without getting bloodshot eyes and migraines.

Apple didn't go out of their way for this OS. It's still very much broken and so far every fix they've brought out breaks something else. This OS was created to meet the Microsoft standard of "Good Enough" but it is far from the Apple standard of "It just works" :)

20. Armen macrumors 604

Armen

I can't say iOS 7 is perfect but it gave us more features and a visual overhaul compared to iOS 6 which was the same old iOS but now with more broken maps.

21. Paddle1 macrumors 68030

All white is boring and bland, not colourful.

22. Armen macrumors 604

Armen

Well then websites like cracked.com, outlook.com and google.com should come in dark themes too? They are mostly white also.

23. Mabus51 macrumors 6502a

iOS 6 looked better, worked better, and you could read off it without getting eyestrain or migraines. Heck you could even use the music controls on the lock screen. :eek: oh and the iPod/Music app actually worked.

iOS 7 caused me to throw my iPad4 in the trash a week after installing it. And I have zero interest in replacing it. My iPhone5 went from heavy usage to I barely touch the thing because the bright white they use makes my eyes turn blood red almost instantly. The intensity is so bright that the Babies R' Us color scheme has a blurry/foggy effect. I don't know how anyone can look at it and find it remotely appealing.

24. Armen macrumors 604

Armen

iOS 6 looked like iOS 5 which looked like iOS 4 which looked like..you get the point.