The New Switcheasy CapsuleRebelX

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by smallguy, Nov 1, 2011.

1. smallguy macrumors regular

Here is the link for the New Switcheasy CapsuleRebelX for iPhone 4/4S

http://www2.switcheasy.com/product.php?product=CapsuleRebelX_iPhone4S

Tough and durable UltraFrame™ protection system
    Revolutionary special material ADSP to protect the delicate finish of your iPhone
    Black and White matching universal dock adaptors
    Specially coated crossbones structure for enhanced grip

2. gotuonpaper macrumors newbie

Wonder if it grips better than the original I like the colors and the design a little better than the original

3. mcdj macrumors 604

mcdj

Wow. Why would anyone do that to such a clean simple icon of modern industrial design? It looks like the OSX logo on acid.

[​IMG]

4. map1978 macrumors 68020

map1978

As much as I agree with you, you gotta remember even 12 year old children carry iPhones these days :rolleyes:

5. gotuonpaper macrumors newbie

6. Munkypoo7 macrumors 6502

Munkypoo7

Oh that's just terrible...

Cannot unsee :x

7. HenryHealy macrumors member

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A334 Safari/7534.48.3)

I preferred the last Capsule Rebel for the iPhone 4 except for the raised part on the back, other than that I'd buy it.

8. Atmosphere macrumors member

i know opinions are like *******s, but that looks like ******* in my opinion

9. malias4 macrumors 6502a

malias4

10. hizzaah macrumors 6502

While I think the person who designed this case has questionable taste, I'd be more concerned about the amount of dirt an junk those grooves in the back would pick up.. took much maintenance required in my book lol.. not to mention it's the complete opposite of my tastes!

11. SchneiderMan macrumors G3

SchneiderMan

It's SwitchEasy's most childish, cool looking case.

12. EvilShenaniganZ macrumors 6502

EvilShenaniganZ

Is it the silent switch that moved down on the 4s or the volume up/down?

13. Autokon macrumors 6502

Autokon

Quick Impressions:

Big fan of the Capsule Rebel, so I decided to take the plunge on this and got it in today. I've got a White iPhone 4S and went with the White Capsule Rebel X. Maybe will get some cooler colors in the future, but for now went with White.

Overall, I'm really liking this one a LOT more than the regular Capsule Rebel. The thick plastic frame is light years easier to put on. And the way its applied, it wont mess up the TPU inner shell. My TPU inner shell from my blue rebel was all mangled up and ugly after a few months of use from taking the case off to clean it and what not. But this one, I dont expect the same issues.

A huge unexpected bonus for this one is that the design on the back of the case is actually designed to lay on a table completely flat, no rocking side to side. So, it looks cool, or weird...lol, but stays flat on a table, nice bonus.

I've only had it on for about half the day, but I'm really liking it so far. Over and out.. :cool:

14. Bryan Bowler macrumors 68040

flatline82,

Thanks for posting your thoughts. I'm thinking about checking this one out...

15. Autokon macrumors 6502

Autokon

Update: Do not purchase this case if you take a lot of pics....flash fubars all pics. Without flash, is fine.

16. Bryan Bowler macrumors 68040

Interesting...

That's too bad.

17. iAmYou macrumors 6502

iAmYou

Maybe its just me, but those corners look labiaesque.

18. vaugha macrumors regular

Jeez...I cannot agree more w/ this. No offense to people who'd buy these but they look hideous to me. Oh well to each his own.

19. SchneiderMan macrumors G3

SchneiderMan

Yep.

20. jekyoo macrumors 6502

whoa, this case is uglier than an otterbox case. I didn't think that was actually possible.

21. swimmer888 macrumors newbie

Camera Flashback Issue

I have a black Capsule Rebel X. It looks awesome & the protection it gives is second to none.

There is a very big downside to this case though. The flash, when used, causes a whitening out of all pictures, especially when these are taken in very low light conditions. So if you are thinking of buying this case & if you are an avid photographer, think very, very carefully. I have yet to read about any detailed reply from Switcheasy on this issue. I do note from their website, however, that they have merely mentioned the flashback in relation to the white & cyan/yellow cases.