The new Walkman phone: Now available

applefan

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 3, 2003
172
1
No. Cal.
Sorry if this is a redundant thread, but I just received this in email today.

Looks like a cool phone. I wish Apple and SE could have teamed up to built the itunes phone. I prefer SEs phones over Moto's (they've always been more Mac friendly), but i guess being competitors in the digital music biz prohibits this.
 

Angelus520

macrumors regular
May 22, 2003
133
0
Chicago
Cool phone - annoying f**king site! Give me a picture of the phone and the specs and be damned with all the animation.
 
Comment

Tymmz

macrumors 65816
Jan 6, 2005
1,462
286
NICE

Very nice phone.

But I hate it, if you need to use their headphones. Hopefully you can use others than the crappy ones the phone comes with.
 
Comment

paperinacup

macrumors 6502
Mar 30, 2005
413
0
Yeah its been out for a while but I'd still get the K750i. I can't justify the price difference.
 
Comment

dubbz

macrumors 68020
Sep 3, 2003
2,284
0
Alta, Norway
^^^

I'd buy it. :p

Looks like the perfect phone for me. A shame there's no EDGE/3G support. But I'd buy it. Too bad I can't afford it at the moment.
 
Comment

krollster

macrumors member
Jul 24, 2002
61
0
London
I have the k750 and have to say that the headphones it came with are rubbish. The phone is a good phone, but it's no ipod that's for sure. I hope the headphones on the w800 are better.
 
Comment

dubbz

macrumors 68020
Sep 3, 2003
2,284
0
Alta, Norway
krollster said:
I have the k750 and have to say that the headphones it came with are rubbish. The phone is a good phone, but it's no ipod that's for sure. I hope the headphones on the w800 are better.
They're supposed to be much better, and give better bass too.

And you can use other earphones too, if you wish, if you don't like the ones included or/and have better ones.
 
Comment

DJY

macrumors 6502a
Dec 20, 2003
843
0
Canberra AUST
Time to start looking out for this one here too!
Have read a in a couple of places... that W800 will be available in Aust from as early as 27 Aug... or other retailers saying in the next week or so?!

Anyone actually seen one yet?
Then the dilemma of which phone starts hotting up.
K750i vs W800 vs wait for the Moto new phones with iTunes?!?!

I do find my SE T610 magic with my PB though - so still leaning towards staying with SE.
 
Comment

krollster

macrumors member
Jul 24, 2002
61
0
London
DJY said:
Time to start looking out for this one here too!
Have read a in a couple of places... that W800 will be available in Aust from as early as 27 Aug... or other retailers saying in the next week or so?!

Anyone actually seen one yet?
Then the dilemma of which phone starts hotting up.
K750i vs W800 vs wait for the Moto new phones with iTunes?!?!

I do find my SE T610 magic with my PB though - so still leaning towards staying with SE.
The phone situation in Australia really sucks at the moment. I'm on my second phone since moving to the UK, and when I got my k750 (after a year with a samsung e700), the networks in Aus were still charging a fortune for the same phone (which was no longer sold on contract in the UK). Anyway, I guess I'm trying to say that you might be waiting a while for the moto iTunes phone to come out if you go with Telstra or Optus.

As for the choice between K750 and W800, it really comes down to how much music you want to listen to. The headphones that come with the K750 are pretty ordinary, and the control interface isn't that crash hot either. If the w800 costs a lot more than the K750 you could consider getting a shuffle instead. At least that way if you broke your phone you wouldn't lose your tunes as well!

Another thing with the K750...it's a good phone when connected to my mac via Bluetooth, but they don't play nice when connected via USB. The unfortunate consequence is a crashed mac mini. I've heard similar reports of this issue, but it might just be due to vodaphone's firmware rather than a bigger problem.

I really like my K750 and wouldn't trade it for any other phone on the market at the moment, but prospective buyers just need to be aware that it isn't perfect.
 
Comment

DJY

macrumors 6502a
Dec 20, 2003
843
0
Canberra AUST
Thanks for your comments Krollster!
Some of your comments are much more helpful than many of the reviews I've read!
 
Comment

yoak

macrumors 65816
Oct 4, 2004
1,486
44
Oslo, Norway
I have the K750 too, and ´m very pleased with it.
Bluethooth conects it perfectly to my ibook, and to Krollster; it works perfectly with the USB, iphoto found it without problem and treats it like any other camera. No crashes, so that might have something to do with Vodaphone.
 
Comment

krollster

macrumors member
Jul 24, 2002
61
0
London
yoak said:
I have the K750 too, and ´m very pleased with it.
Bluethooth conects it perfectly to my ibook, and to Krollster; it works perfectly with the USB, iphoto found it without problem and treats it like any other camera. No crashes, so that might have something to do with Vodaphone.
That's good to know. I hope it's the phone firmware and not my computer that causing the issues! Anyway, I like using BT due to the whole no wires thing so maybe I'll just not worry about the USB issue.
 
Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.