Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ComicStix

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 29, 2009
Boston, Massachusetts
I would like to introduce a new way of navigating the web. Sort of a mini religion for the internet. Doesn't mean that if you're a Christian, Jewish, or Buddhist or some other religion that you have to give it up but I will classify this as a mini religion. Here are the basic rules:

Imagine the OP as yourself

No one likes to be degraded as not knowing a simple answer to a question. If someone asks how do I use the Mac mouse do not immediately spam him for being a "noob". Remember we all did not start out using Macintosh computers unless you were born in 2000 or something.

All Opinions are Welcome

We all shouldn't start a flamewar because someone states their opinion. If someone says Snow Leopard sucks let them say that Snow Leopard sucks. Don't say they are stupid or not knowing, but actually write down your own opinion

Imagine the internet as real life

Imagine the internet as a get together with lots of people. If someone asked you in real life for directions to a local museum most would not automatically say NEWB!!! or READ THE MAPP!!! Most would help the person and not taunt them. We need to bring the real life element into the virtual world

No matter how high you are you still are equal

I don't care if you are a Demi-Goddess or a complete newbie. We are all still equal and should be treated that way. Just because a newbie says a response you don't agree with don't think you are in your own cloud and feel the need to put this newb in his place. Help him. You were a newb once also. Also, feel free to express yourself and not take the opinion of the Demi-Goddess. The Constitution was made for a reason!

If we all applied these few policies on Mac Rumors it would be a better place! Please link this religion to your Mac Rumors forum posts! Put it in your signature or when someone says a mean response in a forum just simply copy the link to this page and post it as a response to their mean message. We might get a new follower and someone who from now on will be more well mannered in the holy Mac Rumors forum. :rolleyes:

iBlue

macrumors Core
Mar 17, 2005
London, England
http://upc.*************/uploads/catmacros/thatsnice.jpg

P.S. The US constitution doesn't apply worldwide. Or did you mean "the golden rule"?

P.S.S. No matter how good your intent, personally this goddess won't be following any "religion", kthnxbai. :)

remmy

macrumors 6502a
Jul 1, 2007
Imagine the OP as yourself

No one likes to be degraded as not knowing a simple answer to a question. If someone asks how do I use the Mac mouse do not immediately spam him for being a "noob". Remember we all did not start out using Macintosh computers unless you were born in 2000 or something.

Lol, imagine that in the mac pro section

The common response normally is either search for it or google you lazy ******

Suspended
Jan 18, 2005
Nah. Good ideas but it nah. Unless the internet loses its veil of anonymity people will generally do as they please :p.
And in a way that can be quite refreshing.

angelwatt

Moderator emeritus
Aug 16, 2005
USA
ComicStix said:
No matter how high you are you still are equal

I hope you don't mean equal in knowledge. Otherwise, no one will be able to help any OP of any thread. Equality is ill-defined here among many places that use it.

This isn't a religion, it's a forum FAQ at most. And it will be read as much as a forum FAQ. Meaning, that only people who are already following these guidelines will ever read it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.