The Newbie's Interpretation of What Will Go Down

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ajcadoo, Sep 27, 2011.

1. ajcadoo macrumors 6502

ajcadoo

The invite:
    [​IMG]

The icons:
    Calendar = The date the event takes place.
    Time = What time the event takes place.
    Maps = Where it will take place http://g.co/maps/qn455
    Phone = Talking about the iPhone of course.
    "1" New Notification = 1 New Carrier to have the phone

The invite is 100% dedicated to the iPhone. No mention of any other Apple devices. It would be foolish for Apple to release a 4S at a (what looks like) dedicated iPhone press event. iPhone 5 is pretty much guaranteed. If a 4S would be released ONLY, I think the invite would be a little less exciting. The tagline is just too legit to have only a 4S come out.

Not only would a 4S look bad on Apple's part, but also Tim Cook. Just my opinion that Apple would make a foolish move if they release a spec bump this late in the HIGHLY competitive game of smart phones. If a 4S is released beside the 5, it would be a "oh wait, one more thing. we are coming out with a 4S for only $99". Some shocking price would be that "wait, one more thing"

I believe they will announce the Sprint partnership for sure. Who knows, Sprint may offer unlimited data without throttling? Hence their current commercial campaign "May the best unlimited plan win."

We will probably see some iPod stuff, but I wouldn't be surprised if the iPhone 5 steals the spotlight. I don't think it will be streamed live, but the announcement be posted on apple.com similarly to WWDC keynotes.

2. RafaelT macrumors 65816

RafaelT

The only problem with that is worldwide the are almost definitely adding more then one carrier.

The 1 is a notification of a new event in phone.app ... Of course this is speculation but I believe that more then likely that 1 represents the new phone.

3. Dangerous Theory macrumors 68000