The next 27" refresh?

Discussion in 'iMac' started by Legionz, Oct 15, 2015.

1. Legionz macrumors newbie

Hi,when do you guys think the next refresh will be for the 27"?
    This update dident give me the urge to go and grab one.felt a bit underwhelming for my own taste.
    Maybe its because id like nvidia gpu and ddr 4.but i just cant get myself to press that buy button for this one.
    Lots of money,And i wanna feel 100 % satisfied with my imac purchase.

Although if the next refresh is gonna happend in one year from now i may buy myself an imac soon.but ofc its hard to tell the future.is there a pattern in refresh cycles for imacs?

I have never had a apple computer in my life but the im really drawn to the imac,it just breaths quality.

Thanks.

2. tomwvr macrumors regular

tomwvr

They update them every year around this time. This new Machine looks like a really good update. I currently have a late 2012 27 inch - this machine still rocks.

3. pescartina macrumors newbie

iMac updates have been happening in the fall, so probably another year until a significant change. MacRumors says updates happen about every 317 days: http://buyersguide.macrumors.com/#iMac

Waiting for specific features on a Mac is tough. Thunderbolt 3 may be another 6-12 months; an nVidia GPU may be longer, if they bring them back at all. But you'll never know until Apple makes the announcement.

The current iMac 5K is a very, very good machine for home use, just like the 2014 version was. If you really need certain specs, you should wait. If you just want a great computer, and have the money, just buy it.

4. AppleDroid macrumors 6502a

The only items missing are Thunderbolt 3 and DDR4 which should be available next year. No idea if they will wait until next Fall to update but really isn't it up to Intel?

5. Buerkletucson macrumors 6502

Buerkletucson