The next Air?

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by Mizzou02RS, May 25, 2012.

1. Mizzou02RS macrumors member

So, how long do you think it'll be before Apple releases updated Air models?

2. Funkymonk macrumors 6502a

Funkymonk

A lot of people are saying its going to come out with the pros in WWDC but I don't think so. I think maybe with the iPhone in October...

3. thewoz macrumors member

Came out October 2008. Updated June 2009. Redesigned in October 2010. Update in July 2011.

Answer. Either June-July or October.

4. Anlino macrumors member

I wouldn't be too surprised if it was announced at WWDC, to be released together with the new Ivy Bridge processors. Still, some rumors have been pointing towards a announcement this fall, so we'll have to wait and see.

WWDC really can't come soon enough.

5. calvol macrumors 6502a

My money is on July for back-to-school sales. If not by July, they will start losing sales to the new Zen.

6. thewoz macrumors member

People who want a Mac will wait.

7. jgc macrumors regular

People who want a new Mac will wait. People who need a new Mac can't. I'm one of the latter. My laptop is barely holding together on my desk right now and I can't take it anywhere. I need a new laptop and I want an ultra-portable since I take it to university every day. If it's not out by August then I need to look at what else is on the market.

8. Oracle1729 macrumors 6502a

If the people who ran apple thought that way, Apple would be trading at $50/share.

There are some people who really do want a mac, the majority of people want a computer that satisfies their needs and wants. I bought an MBP last year so I don't really care about the wait now, but if I were anxious to buy, I'd be eying some Ivy Bridge PC's pretty closely.

9. thewoz, May 27, 2012
    Last edited: May 27, 2012

thewoz macrumors member

You NEED a Mac? Nobody NEEDS a Mac. You WANT a Mac.

You can get this one right now

[​IMG]

----------

If they didn't think that way we would KNOW about the new MacBooks instead of speculating about them. Apple knows their core clients will wait and will buy anything they put out there. They could sell an iBrick and Mactards would buy it.

The others wouldn't know an Ivy Bridge from a Sandy Bridge or whatever. If they want a Mac they'll just walk into the store and get one.

And aren't you the people who always say specs don't matter? That the great thing about Macs is that they will run on less specs better than a Windows PC with higher specs because OSX is so awesome and superior? So what's the problem? You want a Mac? Wait for the Apple store to open and pick one up today.

As for your Apple stock comment, Apple shares went down $100 in a month. They're slightly up but now it's May and they're trading at $562 up from $530 vs April when they were at $630.

Why? Because apple thinks people will buy their products no matter what. So, rumors start circulating and people start guessing and speculating as to what Apple will do. They know whenever the things are release; they will sell.

10. jgc macrumors regular

If you want to sit on your high horse all day and play semantics, be my guest. I need a new laptop. I would prefer if it were a Mac. I used Mac as a euphemism for laptop since it is the type of laptop I would strongly prefer. Shoot me, kid.

11. thewoz macrumors member

So now you changed your story. Now you NEED a laptop, but prefer it to be a Mac. So, go to a Mac store and tell the guy you want a Mac. He will get you one right away. What are you waiting for?

12. dkersten macrumors 6502a

Maybe you should stop being so presumptive and arrogant. Nobody likes a troll. I'm sure if you politely gave the XPS 13 as an alternative option you wouldn't look like a petty douche right now