The next generations of Apple Watch

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by tylerdw89, Apr 7, 2015.

1. tylerdw89 macrumors 6502

I was thinking on future generations of Apple watch. With the iPhone we've seen better cameras, larger screens, Touch ID, Siri, and internal upgrades.

But..what can you do with a watch? I'm sure it will become thinner and they'll release new bands. But it doesn't have a camera, and relies on the phone. Also you can only make the screen so big. So what kind of upgrades (other than software) do you envision?

I'll hang up and listen.

2. Technodynamic macrumors 6502

Technodynamic

act as your remote control for everything (TV, music, smart lights)
    have far more biometrics.
    be used in augmented reality applications, with unique faces on screen to allow unique VR experience

3. Runt888 macrumors 6502a

Better batteries.
    Better sensors (i.e., blood glucose).
    Possibly a facetime camera.

4. Cory Bauer macrumors 6502a

Sensors, battery life, sensors, GPS, sensors, more battery life, Wi-Fi/LTE, and more sensors.

5. Armen macrumors 604

Armen

My guess is additional sensors. not too fond of a camera. If they did add a camera for gen 2 I'd be completely content with my gen 1 purchase

6. Arran macrumors 68040

Arran

Yeah, back in the fall 2014 keynote and subsequent publicity, I got the impression there would be a LOT more health related functionality. But the spring 2015 event revealed nothing new and was really quite disappointing.

So I'm guessing the sensors weren't ready in time and will slide out to release 2.

Other things I'd like are: better battery, swim-proof, thinner and most-importantly an additional band-like format with minimal screen/interaction (that item in itself will improve battery life)

7. Technodynamic macrumors 6502

Technodynamic

there's this drone that follows you: https://www.airdog.com

Would be neat if it could use the watch as the following device versus the bulky thing you need to put on your wrist instead.

8. valleian macrumors regular

valleian

I'd like a more independent watch, with GPS. Battery life could. Be just a little better, but I'd either need 1 day battery life or 1 week, no 2-4 day battery life would be worth it as I'd probably wind up forgetting to charge it. Really 1 day is all I need and what I prefer because it syncs up with all my other devices, plus it only takes 2 hours max to charge.

9. samiznaetekto macrumors 65816

Apple will completely redesign the band connector because of the bands/release buttons getting stuck issue that I'm 100% sure will manifest itself when #⌚️ is in the wild. v.1 bands will not be compatible with #⌚️2.

10. sodaftl macrumors member

sodaftl

Holographic display?

Attached Files:

11. Armen macrumors 604

Armen

From what I read they were having trouble with accuracy on other sensors including arm hair interfering with proper readings so I expect sensors in a future version.

12. mattopotamus macrumors G4

mattopotamus

battery, thinner, water-proof (able to swim with) and less bezel.

13. teknikal90 macrumors 68030

teknikal90

battery, waterproofing and more sensor.

The Up 3 by jawbone for example tracks resting heart rate...

14. Multiverse223 macrumors regular

This guy won't give it up LMAO he literally hates the watch and posts constantly about it. He's seriously getting maniacal about it.