The next Google?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by entatlrg, Apr 17, 2010.

1. entatlrg macrumors 68040

entatlrg

In the technology world over the years there's always been a company getting the headlines or spotlight.

In the past I recall the days were AOL was the big deal, of course microsoft with hotmail/msn, Yahoo had their moment ....

Now it's google everything ... will be all eventually be "googloids" ... do they have any competition/threats to be outdone ... I'm not so sure they do.

2. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

3. entatlrg thread starter macrumors 68040

entatlrg

err... explain please

4. Hackint0sh macrumors member

Hackint0sh

Google's huge threat is their massive cash inflow, and cash reserves. They can outlast just about anyone now, and they are dabbling in everything. I'm not a big Google fan myself. I hated my google phone, and apps like gmail (with no way to disable their weird threading display) just piss me off.

Still, they are making headway, and a lot of folks do like them.

5. Decrepit macrumors 65816

Decrepit

There will be a new Google at some point.

But Google has done something smart. They've gone out and hired the brightest people they can find around the world, and make it really obvious that they do.

Google's next big competitor will probably be an ex-Google employee with their next big thing that they didn't want Google to have.

6. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

I don't see Google grabbing headlines for their tablet.

Google had theirs a couple of years ago, mostly in their competition with "Google killers" like the abortion of a search engine that was Cuil and the predecessor to Bing. Now Apple is dominating the mobile technology headlines like Google did in the area of search.

Come to think of it Apple has always had significant buzz surrounding the iPod and the various "iPod killers."