Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mac'nCheese

Suspended
Original poster
Feb 9, 2010
I'm pretty much finished with GTA V for the PS3. I was going to trade in the PS3 before the value drops even more but then I kind of remembered something about some of the other GTAs having new missions released for their version. In this case, I would want to hold onto my PS3 and, I guess, the GTA V disc for future releases. What do you guys think? I know no one has a crystal ball but based on the past releases, do you think the next GTA release will be new missions for V or just a whole new game for the PS4.

Thanks in advance for any thoughts.

-SD-

macrumors 6502
Mar 23, 2009
Peterborough, UK
I'd be very surprised if V didn't make an appearance on the One and the 4. Along with improved visuals they might add a bit of extra content to make it seem worthwhile.... whether or not this content would be made available for the Triple and 360, or remain next-gen exclusive is another question. But if they're charging 20 quid for it I'm sure Rockstar would love to sell it to all the millions of current-gen owners.

:apple:

boy-better-know

macrumors 65816
Jun 30, 2010
England
At this point, I'd say it's a certainty that R* will release new story missions like TBOGT and TLAD. So many people have the game in their hands that they will make a load more money from it.

Selling my PS3 is never something I would comsider. Purely because of Gran Turismo 6 and in anticipation for GTA 5 DLC.

Mac'nCheese

Suspended
Original poster
Feb 9, 2010
At this point, I'd say it's a certainty that R* will release new story missions like TBOGT and TLAD. So many people have the game in their hands that they will make a load more money from it.

Selling my PS3 is never something I would comsider. Purely because of Gran Turismo 6 and in anticipation for GTA 5 DLC.

Thank u. I will keep and wait for some DLC. The money I could get in a trade in now isn't worth the disappointment if some great new missions come out in a few months...

Suspended
Jan 18, 2005
I reckon a lot of the DLC for 5 will be tied to GTA Online, maybe they'll release that as a separate game eventually?

How could 5 be expanded other than adding new stories, which would take a lot of voice recording and another big story with 3 characters. Honestly I can't see it unless they go back to 1 main character. I don't think we'll see expansion packs like GTA 4's.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.