The Next iPad Prediction

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Mimepower, Jul 14, 2012.

1. Mimepower macrumors newbie

Hey guy's,

So here is what I predict Apple is planning with the next version of the iPad:

1.New IGZO display with the same Res. & Dimension
    2.Thinner body just thinner than the iPad 2 thanks to the IGZO display
    3.No more VGA FaceTime camera, replaced by a new nice HD camera
    4.Same rear-facing camera
    5.It will be called the "iPad 3"; they called the current one "The New iPad" because they were waiting to release the "iPad 3" until the IGZO displays were ready.
    6.A6 chip, same as iPhone 5
    7.Released this November for the holiday season

What do you guys think???

2. AndreAudi macrumors newbie

You really think a nov release? I was hoping until at least feb 2013 or anytime after so I don't have cough up the money around the holiday season.

3. ZZ Bottom macrumors 6502a

It's not hard to spot someone that knows nothing about Apple's track record.

To sum up, assuming they would update the iPad in November shows you have no business sense. Every year Apple's products sell very well November to December despite the fact that the products are typically half way through a refresh cycle. Apple does not need to abide by the same hardware chasing principles that Android makers do. People like us that follow hardware specs are not the majority of holiday revenue anyway.

The only conceivable reason they would make an update/refresh is if they felt it was entirely necessary to quash M$'s surface tablets (unlikely) OR if they decide to do a minor update to the New iPad with the new dock connector that will be on the iPhone and iPad Mini (should that product actually release).

4. Abazigal macrumors 604

Abazigal

Probably just 4th gen ipad.

As the even-numbered refresh, I expect wholly piecemeal spec upgrades with no new feature. The rest seem pretty standard, and would be more or less expected (I do think their rear camera would at least be bumped to 8mp, same as 4s).

I was actually wondering if we might see a return to the ipad1's form factor, slightly more boxy to allow for more space for batteries and components (which in turn lets it be thinner.