The next Macbook, almost too perfect?

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by hughlb, Oct 17, 2014.

1. hughlb macrumors newbie

Thanks for accepting me into the forum!

October 16th and yet again, more iPad iterations. But it’s the rumoured 12-inch Macbook Air that could be Apple’s most important hardware release since the original iPad, at least to me.

I’m writing on the 13-Inch Macbook Pro I purchased in late 2009. It single-handedly supports my multimedia business, study, and entertainment. For everything it is, the contrast to a tablet has always made me consider owning both units, and utilising their strengths. That said, if Apple were to offer a laptop with a similar mass and consumption footprint to an iPad, which looks like a question of when… then where does this leave 2015/16 iPad models and the Macbook Pro lineup?

Do you think an Apple ultraportable has the ability to marginalise existing Apple products, particularly the iPads? The contrast between hardware could get whittled away to simply a difference in price, especially if the new Air were to include a touchscreen, and if uniformity between Apple OS’s continue to trend. It’s an interesting thought, particularly as I watch people bemoaning a lack of power outputs for their macbook adapters, or failing to prop their iPad up at the optimum viewing angle. Could the perfect composition of portable computing be this next Macbook?

2. orestes1984 macrumors 65816

Hold your hand in the air for the next half hour... Then tap the screen protector on your macbook repeatedly while it moves...

This is why we don't have touch screen laptops :rolleyes: They're an RSI disaster.