The next update of iWork/iLife

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by iJcaP, May 31, 2012.

1. iJcaP macrumors 6502

Will we be seeing an update in iWork/iLife at WWDC?

2. nuckinfutz macrumors 603

nuckinfutz

I'd love it if we did!

iWork has much catching up to do and a lot of new stuff that it can leverage.

3. Old Muley macrumors 6502a

Old Muley

I wonder if iLife will continue to be "iLife" in the future. iWeb is dead and has been for a while, and iPhoto, iMovie and GarageBand are all available from the App Store as standalone products. Personally, I've switched to Aperture for my photos and GarageBand has been more a curiosity than anything else. My guess is these products, as well as iWork all end up going their separate ways.

4. nuckinfutz macrumors 603

nuckinfutz

iLife may add another app to replace the departed iWeb and iDVD. Until then iPhoto will continue to improve. iMovie probably has the furthest to go to catch up with iPhoto and GarageBand IMO.

iWork

Numbers has the furthest to go here IMO in improvements.

Keynote - Should be better with Audio and Video stuff with recent enhancements to OS X.

Pages - Apple has significantly beefed up text handling and Pages isn't taking advantage of it.

Applescript support of iLife/iWork apps would be great as well.

5. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

since Lion iWork 09 is terrible. It's slow, gets very unresponsive with lots of photos/images are used, and a total memory whore now. It's gone from being grade A, to almost intolerable. We certainly DO need an iWork 12

6. rillrill macrumors 6502

rillrill

all i want is the iOS version to match EXACTLY the desktop version and I'm good. do it apple. i'm seriously looking into alternatives right now...

7. Santabean2000 macrumors 68000

Santabean2000

I agree. Too many discrepancies when opening files between devices. This has to improve.

8. ellaimac macrumors regular

Lion...iWork 09.....? Are you serious!? :eek:

9. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

Yes, lion is the newest OS and iWork 09 is still the latest you can get of Pages, Numbers & Keynote.

Performance since the new OS is terrible.

10. ellaimac macrumors regular

Isnt there any iWork 11? There is iLife 11, right?

11. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

Nope - just 09. Even the version on App store is the 09 version.

They have issued updates to iWork alright (v4.1 923 last update), but it's still iWork 09.

So yep it's fairly out of date, and the last updates which forcefully added auto-save features to support Lion's versions\saves are probably the likely cause of it's really poor performance with Lion.

It just needs a radical overhaul, and I suspect they are holding out to Mountain Lion.

12. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Apple has done a great job at updating and improving its iOS apps like iPhoto and iWork but they seem to let the OSX versions languish without any updates.

I've given up on iWork given the limitations of Numbers and its not been touched in years.

13. nefan65 macrumors 65816

nefan65

Did you try to remove/reinstall? I'm running Lion and iWork 09 without any speed/performance issues at all. Can't say the same for Office 2011...:(